Premium Plus Beverage Package? How strict are they?

JBorowicz83

1 minute ago, yankees111 said:

That just makes it all the worse! Bottom line is no one would care if the OP shared a bottle of wine once or twice at dinner but buying drinks throughout the cruise will be a problem.

Read the main question in the post.... it was written in bold for your convenience 

1 hour ago, JBorowicz83 said:

The main question i have is.....

If me and my wife got a bottle of wine on our card how strict would they be if the other couple at the table had some of the wine?

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

The system specifically says that the package cannot be shared. So no, you're not better at the system - sharing it's explicitly against the system. 

premium-plus-beverage-package(1).pdf 723.29 kB · 1 download

Why bother with facts. The OP is just looking for people to agree with him whether or not he is in the right or not to justify his actions.

6 minutes ago, yankees111 said:

If you took the time to read OP’s post he doesn’t just want to share an upgraded bottle of wine once or twice on the cruise. He wants to get his friends upgraded coffee’s & alcohol throughout the duration of the cruise.

I was answering the direct question about purchasing a bottle of wine at dinner.  That question is underlined and asked directly to the forum.  However, I do see what you are talking about.  The OP does not ask about other beverages but implies something that is not related to the direct question he asks.  Of course sharing a beverage package is not allowed.  The OP should have stopped at the underlined question.  The inferences the OP was making is what landed him in trouble 🙈

Just now, JBorowicz83 said:

People have said that the waiters consider a bottle of wine to be by the table. Which was the main question i asked in my original post. 

You were specifically talking about being better at the system. I was pointing out that the system specifically says no sharing. So sharing is explicitly outside of the system not being better at the system. 

3 minutes ago, yankees111 said:

Why bother with facts. The OP is just looking for people to agree with him whether or not he is in the right or not to justify his actions.

Has nothing to do with being right or not, what it has to do with is the original question. If it is factual that the waiters allow wine to be shared at dinner, is that not a fact?

NCL has the right to change the program at any time, and it seems they recently did by no longer allowing bottles of some champagnes, just glasses on some sailings.  I can’t help to think some of those changes are caused by people working the system as many have been reported here.  Personally, I hope that NCL closes up those loopholes and keeps the upgrade program for those that enjoy it and willing to pay for it and abide by the program rules.  

4 minutes ago, JBorowicz83 said:

Has nothing to do with being right or not, what it has to do with is the original question. If it is factual that the waiters allow wine to be shared at dinner, is that not a fact?

Ask the beverage manager when you get on the ship if you can buy drinks for your friends throughout the cruise. This is what you asked in your original post. Report back after the cruise with his or her response.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBorowicz83 said:

Your waiter may or your waiter may not.  No one can tell you for sure.

I have read several posts that say that you can share the bottles of wine at dinner with whomever you want - and that makes total sense, if you have the PPBP, damn right you should be able to share your bottle (bottle per PPBP) with whomever you want. 

As for ordering extra specialty coffees, it's clearly not allowed to share with others outside the plan.

Having said that, I've seen many people post on CC about 'bending' of rules by staff to accommodate guests. For example, the "rule" is max 2 drinks per person at one time when visiting the bar.  Yet, in the right circumstances it magically turns into 4 drinks or 2 doubles (maybe a Haven phenomenon).

Not trying to fan the flames here, but just making an observation that some things don't seem to be so cut and dry.  Just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

Getting back to the bottle of wine question. I have wondered about this myself.  The reason its perfectly allowed is because the cruise line is making money off your purchase of the bottle.  If you have the upgraded beverage package, almost every glass of wine is included so you are paying NOTHING.  However, they offer you a discount to buy the bottle for the exact reason the OP is asking, to share with the table.  By purchasing the bottle, you are actually ripping yourself off out of your drink package.  You would get endless glasses of wine of your preference that only you could drink.  By paying for a bottle of wine with a 20% discount is double paying for the wine with the intended act of sharing it with other people.

Simply put, its a nice gesture to offer a discount on bottles of wine but unless you are sharing with a table, it would be the biggest waste of money ever unless of course you like to waste money and pay double for your wine 🙄

Edited by david_sobe

1 minute ago, david_sobe said:

Getting back to the bottle of wine question. I have wondered about this myself.  The reason its perfectly allowed is because the cruise line is making money off your purchase of the bottle.  If you have the upgraded beverage package, almost every glass of wine is included so you are paying NOTHING.  However, they offer you a discount to buy the bottle for the exact reason the OP is asking, to share with the table.  By purchasing the bottle, you are actually scamming yourself out of your drink package.  You would get endless glasses of wine of your preference that only you could drink.  By paying for a bottle of wine with a 20% discount is double paying for the wine with the intended act of sharing it with other people.

Simply put, its a nice gesture to offer a discount on bottles of wine but unless you are sharing with a table, it would be the biggest waste of money ever.

You're forgetting that there are bottles of wine included in the premium plus package during dinner service. So OP wouldn't be purchasing anything, merely selecting a bottle that's included in the PPBP. So not scamming himself, but sharing what's included in PPBP. Though like several mentioned, some mentioned the waiters bringing glasses for the table. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

You're forgetting that there are bottles of wine included in the premium plus package during dinner service. So OP wouldn't be purchasing anything, merely selecting a bottle that's included in the PPBP. So not scamming himself, but sharing what's included in PPBP. Though like several mentioned, some mentioned the waiters bringing glasses for the table. 

Yep, that explains a lot. I have only seen the discounted list of bottles with the regular beverage package.  So you fill in the hole in the story for me.