Change a booking made onboard

LPCKG

I hope someone may be able to assist me as I’m struggling to understand in regard to a changing a booking made onboard Equinox when we sailed in June 2019. We booked a European 2020 cruise but now want to switch to a Caribbean 2021 booking. At the time we booked we got an onboard spend of $150 aqua class, plus drinks and gratuities. 2021 dates have recently been released but the cruise isn’t offering any offers yet just value or a £200 saving but no 2 perk options.  The deposit is fairly small but I’d rather not lose, we’re not in a rush but I’d like to switch then it’s done. I can’t quite work out what perks, if any, I retain and/or whether I must lose everything inc (or not) the deposit if I want to switch if the offers are not on.  We’re Elite members, I’m UK based but never changed a booking so anyone with experience as to what passengers keep or lose would be really helpful.

thanks.

We booked another cruise while on board our  11/2019 Adriatic Sea cruise.  We wanted the Baltic States cruises in Summer 2021, and they said they were just days away from releasing those itineraries (however we now checked and are available).  They booked a "placeholder" cruise, and advised when we see the one we want, to have our TA switch it.  We've done that in the past as well.  We don't loose the deposit or the perks.  

We booked a placeholder on board in Sept and just switched to a 2021 European cruise. You keep the extra obc - actually ours increased from 150 to 200 since the new cruise is longer. The perks are the current perk offer when you make the change, not what you got when you booked on board.

Thanks everyone.   I’ll hold back, for now, from making any adjustments as the sail perks available on 2020 cruises and not yet available for 2021 and since I’ve got until about April next year to switch or stick I’ll hold back and hope the perk sales options come online in the near future then take a view in the event they don’t make available.