How to request upgrade?

M5M

What is the best way to request a 1 category upgrade that is listed as a loyalty perk for elite status?  Do I call my TA? Is there a timing that must be followed?  My cruise is 3 months out....

if you used a TA then yes you have to do it through the TA.    The fine print indicates you have to request the 1 category upgrade at time of booking. 

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass®: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1, guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

If you are outside of final payment you can probably ask for it now however keep in mind this will be treated as a reprice event so you would be doing so at the current pricing and promotion.  While it's touted as a 1 category upgrade it's generally done as booking a cabin and paying for 1 subcategory lower.   It is generally less than $50 pp in savings or less.  There also must be availability in both the category you are booking and the lower category at the time.