Reservations for NorthStar and IFly

15 minutes ago, jimmyjam1973 said:

Taking the family on AK cruise in June.  Heard you needed to book IFly and Northstar before boarding.  Anyone know when these open up?  Can't find anything on my cruise planner.

No set time for the various items to become available.  Keep checking.

As Bob said, no set time.  I have been checking for our Anthem cruise in April, and they are not open yet.  Based on some of the posts in roll calls, some of them opened up to book iFly and Northstar around 60 days before the cruise.

What sailing are you on in June?  We are on the June 12 sailing for AK.  Come join the roll call if that is your sail date.

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

As Bob said, no set time.  I have been checking for our Anthem cruise in April, and they are not open yet.  Based on some of the posts in roll calls, some of them opened up to book iFly and Northstar around 60 days before the cruise.

The bookings seem to open for a block of dates all at once - both 1/5/20 and 3/1/20 Anthem sailings have had Ripcord and Northstar open at the same time. The same was true for shows. The same has been reported on other ships. So it all depends on where within that block your sailing is.

Edited by Biker19

I did the Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem of the Seas.  I-Fly and Northstar opened up about 60 days before cruise on the RCCL app, and the available slots were quickly taken within a few days.  You can still book once you get on the ship, but you need to be quick as there are very few time slots available.  I got on the ship about 12:45 p.m. and immediately ran to the I-Fly office (deck 15, starboard behind the Seaplex), and there was already a line of about 10 people in front of me.  Took almost 90 minutes to get the reservation as there is only one receptionist, and some people in front took forever to make their decision.  

It was a little while ago, but my last cruise (Anthem), iFly and Northstar were not available to book in the planner or even the app on board. You had to go in person to sign up for iFly (they said it's because they wanted the waiver signed ahead of time) and Northstar was first come first served.

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What sailing are you on in June?  We are on the June 12 sailing for AK.  Come join the roll call if that is your sail date.

Yes we're on this sailing.

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

For my upcoming Anthem cruise, they appeared three weeks before embarkation.

31 minutes ago, jimmyjam1973 said:

Sounds like we can even go standby, but for me and my daughter, iFly is a must.

The Ripcord staff may or may not let you go stand by, even if space is available.

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

I have not seen them not let people go stand by if the person is standing there waiting for a slot.

Very much ship/staff dependent - some have reported and I have experienced it, Ovation staff had a very strict no to stand bys this year. I think the same was reported on Anthem a few times and I experienced it last year.

Maye having the genie helped but I know son and hubby spent time getting to know the instructors and they did not have any trouble getting into the tunnel if there was a no show.  Maybe luck also.  At any rate it is very popular and people who wait until the last day or two to get reservations can be disappointed.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bluemoontets said:

We are on Anthem at the end of March , we were able to book NorthStar and iFly last week about 110 days days out. Entertainment opened up about 130 days before sailing.

Same here.  I was surprised to see that iFly and North Star could only be booked on sea days.  Not sure if this is normal?  And can book them on board for port days, or do they only run on sea days?

Looked at a cruise planner for Anthem Northstar, and for a port day we thought we may want to try for, it shows closed for a 4-5 hour period in the afternoon.  It was open before making port, and at night at that port.

I am sure we will find a day and time that will work.  I am down to checking daily now, since they are open for the sailing just before ours.