Very Disappointing Chef's table

22 hours ago, Andy C said:

I just got off Symphony yesterday.  We were in Star class.  Every single meal we ate was on par with Applebee's type food (with some meals being even worse than Applebee's type food).  I know the food is always going to be lame.  We have toddlers who love RCI.  We love Symphony and Harmony because they are beautiful ships.  We could've done Chef's Table for free but didn't waste our time (my wife laughed when I brought it up).  We took almost all of our meals in the suite and ordered from the different "specialty" restaurants.  

How was the Seafood Tower?

8 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Have done the Chef's table this year on the Adventure and Freedom.  The only downfall we had was that the table is in the MDR.  Two weeks when we did it, it was Caribbean night.  Lots of singing, clapping and singing.  We could not hear anything the sommelier said during that time and it was annoying but the food, fellowship and wine was outstanding.  There is talk that the Chef's table on both ships may be moved to the Cigar Room during refurbishment.    

I'd be surprised if it went there on Freedom,  galley is down 1 deck. Freedom used to do it in the jammer, next to Chops.  Maybe all they need to do is add a wall

I was on the December 1st Allure cruise and did the Chef's table.  I agree that it was not the best venue, but the Voyager class was worse.  They put you on the landing in the MDR which was loud throughout.  At least for us, the diamond lounge calmed down after 8:00 when the happy hour was over and we could actually talk afterwards.

However, I found the presentation to be lackluster and scripted and the wine pairing to be mediocre at best.  I've done it on Grandeur, Navigator, Anthem and now Allure.  Grandeur was the best, but Allure was easily the worse.  On other cruises, the chef who did Chef's table seemed quite proud of their achievement, whereas this one, it was just meh.  There was no pride or anything.  Plus, I expect Chef's table to be the most diligent when it comes to allergies, and this one could have ended in disaster where one lady had one of her allergies accommodated to, but not the one about tree nuts, and my wife was almost served the peanut butter dessert despite her peanut allergies.  It just felt like they were barely going through the motions.

• Like 1

Any ship With  a private quite dining  room Like on Vision is only way to go . Otherwise I would not pay the fare . Some ships have done Chefs table in Windjammers. In a sectioned off area . What a joke . 

46 minutes ago, michelle6213 said:

Do you know where it is located now, after dry dock?

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sorry. No idea. 

Amped plans are on the web site

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

I've done Chef's Table 7 times on 6 ships. My least favorite was Navigator where it was placed on the landing between the two main dinning rooms. Food was fine, company was fine, just too noisy. I will always look to see if it will be held in a quiet space before booking in the future.