Cococay Suggestions

toddnmargo

Looking for some insider tips.... We have been to Cococay several times, but this spring will be our first visit since the renovations and “perfect day” experience began. Is there still plenty of space to find a quiet chair to enjoy the sun and a day on the island, or should we consider purchasing one of the RC excursions? Thank you for your help! 

There is a TON of beach area with a bazillion beach loungers with umbrellas for half or more of them (umbrellas are free now, too)

While there may or may not be children playing or people playing music on any given beach at any given time, there are plenty of different beach areas to go to where you can find the experience you're looking for.

I actually find it to be a lot more relaxing now, because there are more areas for people to spread out among (extra beaches, the pool, the waterpark, cabanas, beach beds, etc.), so the beach areas don't feel crowded.  And not having to search for empty chairs or some random shade to drag a chair under is very nice for those of us who aren't in the mood for skin cancer or sunburn.  

If all you want is a quiet, relaxing beach day, you can easily find that on the new Coco Cay.

We were there on Symphony.  There were plenty of loungers and now the umbrellas are free.  I was afraid about how the water park would affect the experience, but since is in the middle of the island you don't realize it is there unless you face "inland".  Our particular favorite spot hasn't changed except for the free umbrellas.

I’m traveling with a group Next month and we were thinking about getting a cabana or one of those over the water ones.    But after reading around and looking at the crazy prices. just for a few hours to spend on the beach or a thrill park That I’ll use the slide once or twice maybe and be done.   
Think I’m gonna save some money and just find a spot on the beach and relax.  As long as I have an umbrella and a chair I’m all good.  And if I’m close to the water even better.   
but that’s me.    Just have to find that Spot.    

Edited by Ptroxx

20 hours ago, toddnmargo said:

Thank you all so much! Glad to hear there are still plenty of options without purchasing a package! Looking forward to our cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.🙂

Do the “Crazy Prices” come down based on Supply and Demand ?  We are stopping in March and $84 for the water slides is twice what we paid in Costa Maya.

i should mention that we rented jet skis 9 years ago while in CoCo Cay and the price is about the same as in 2010.

m