Deposit Refunds from Cancelled Dubai Cruises

mugtech

We had two cruises booked for March, 2021, out of Dubai and they were cancelled.  We were told we had until 12/18/19 to use the deposits on another cruise or the deposits would be refunded.  I never contacted RCI, but as of 10 minutes ago I have not received any deposit refunds.  Has anyone else gotten their refunds or have any idea when we will?

36 minutes ago, mugtech said:

We had two cruises booked for March, 2021, out of Dubai and they were cancelled.  We were told we had until 12/18/19 to use the deposits on another cruise or the deposits would be refunded.  I never contacted RCI, but as of 10 minutes ago I have not received any deposit refunds.  Has anyone else gotten their refunds or have any idea when we will?

You might want to call RCCL and ask.  Once they issue the refund, it can take up to 5 days to post on your credit card.  We just went through two holidays in a week. 

7 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You might want to call RCCL and ask.  Once they issue the refund, it can take up to 5 days to post on your credit card.  We just went through two holidays in a week. 

Hanging out in Ilocos Sur, Philippines, right now.  Next contact with RCI will be 2/24/20 when we board Quantum in Hong Kong, cannot call them from the boondocks. 

• Haha 1

Emailed on 1/3/20, told them of my two cancelled cruises, got a form email on 1/6 saying it was a form email, but my question/request/problem would be reviewed shortly and they would get back to me.  Today I received an email expressing sorrow that I could not move my deposit from my 3/15/21 cruise, I should hear something from them in 7 business days about my refund.  The last line said they were looking forward to welcoming me on my Jewel cruise.???? The cruise RCI cancelled?  Waiting to hear about my 3/22/21 cruise cancellation.

• Haha 1

Just got a copy of an invoice for 3/22/21 on the Jewel using the same reservation number as my cancelled Dubai to Barcelona cruise, telling me I am scheduled for 18 days on the Jewel 3/22/21 going from Galveston to Barcelona.  So I sent them another email reminding them RCI cancelled the 3/22/21 cruise and I asked them for a refund.  I don't really dream of Galveston.  Got another instant form email telling me they received my request and would get back to me ASAP. 

6 hours ago, mugtech said:

Just got a copy of an invoice for 3/22/21 on the Jewel using the same reservation number as my cancelled Dubai to Barcelona cruise, telling me I am scheduled for 18 days on the Jewel 3/22/21 going from Galveston to Barcelona.  So I sent them another email reminding them RCI cancelled the 3/22/21 cruise and I asked them for a refund.  I don't really dream of Galveston.  Got another instant form email telling me they received my request and would get back to me ASAP. 

Good luck, I hope they get it right soon.  I don't know what it is with their email system, but it's not uncommon for people to report similar confusing email messages for different situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email today canceling the Galveston TA which I never asked for.  Never got an email, but I noticed I received the credits for my deposits in my credit card on 1/20/20.  Glad to finalize this, I suppose the time involved should be expected, as it was only 2 weeks from my first request until  the credit.