Cheers! not available on sailing

Liverpoollovely

So I have read that Europe sailings do not offer Cheers! or the Bottomless Bubbles drinks packages for the Europe sailings. I have two questions for those who are more knowledgeable about Carnival Europe sailings. 

I will be going on my first Carnival Europe sailing in May of this year, I have sailed out of Barcelona before and I recall the cheers package not being available on the first day but active for the second day as it was no longer in "Europe" as this upcoming sailing on the Radiance will be going across European ports of call I understand the package is not applicable for the sailing however I was wondering for anyone who has recently sailed out of Barcelona / European port if:

* Drinks can be pre- ordered to the cabin from the fun shop 

*  in Barcelona if the duty free is still after security whereby drink can be purchased and taken on board? - I remember a couple on my last transatlantic purchased alcohol took it on board and consumed it over the 13 day sailing.  has security stepped up since then? I am going back at least three or four years ago.

* If you can carry on sodas bought from other port stops 

Thank you for your input in advance 

• Thanks 1

I think it has to do with the laws of either where you are boarding or going and there being restrictions or high taxes or something. I don't think my cruise out of Dover offers Cheers.  Rumor has it they are more relaxed about the amount of alcohol you carry on on the European sailings, but I can't say I know from personal experience either way. 

Maybe it isn't as big of a problem since most people are flying.  Don't know.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...