Oregon to Seattle-leave car @ hotel SeaTac- difficult getting Lyft/Uber from port?

Petoonya

Have read in a few places to expect difficulty getting Lyft/Uber from the port back to SeaTac. We'd planned to spend the night previous to the cruise at SeaTac Hilton and use their long term parking. Since we have a 6 hour drive home, we'll be eager to get on the road. Would it be more expeditious to just stay somewhere else and use Seattle Cruise Park to leave our car? Or will there also be a long line for their shuttle?

This is one of those awful big ships with 4000 people. (We're small ship people and this is a family reunion!) I picture that many people trying to get Lyft/Uber and shudder.

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

This is one of those awful big ships with 4000 people. (We're small ship people and this is a family reunion!) I picture that many people trying to get Lyft/Uber and shudder.

We disembarked next to one of these behemoths and thought we'd never get an Uber-- but it only took a few minutes. I'm sure it was slower than it normal was but was only about an 8 minute wait.  

2 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

We disembarked next to one of these behemoths and thought we'd never get an Uber-- but it only took a few minutes. I'm sure it was slower than it normal was but was only about an 8 minute wait.  

Thanks so much! I guess we'll keep what we've got.

Not sure which cruise line you are using, but if you are at Pier 91 (HAL, Princess, X, RCI, or Carnival) the Uber pick-up is about .04 mile walk away.  There is a shuttle van, but walking might be faster.  Just ask the shore-side staff where to find the shuttle (holds about 12 people).

If you decide to walk, it takes about 7-10 minute.  Best to have decent wheeled luggage, and no falling off 'carry-on' attached luggage.

If you park at Seattle Cruise Park (also know as the Armory) they have their own private shuttle.  If you go this route, be sure to ask directions for the "Armory" car park (which is different from the on-site Pier 91 paid parking lot).  Confusing, I know!

3 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Would it be more expeditious to just stay somewhere else and use Seattle Cruise Park to leave our car?...

26 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If you park at Seattle Cruise Park (also know as the Armory) they have their own private shuttle.  If you go this route, be sure to ask directions for the "Armory" car park (which is different from the on-site Pier 91 paid parking lot)....

I would not stay at the airport and park at a hotel there. Stay closer to the pier and yes, use Seattle Cruise Park (Armory). We just did this in September and it was FABULOUS. Once off the ship, we walked down to the end where the shuttle bus was waiting, and I'd say we were back at our car within 15 minutes. Awesome.

27 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure which cruise line you are using, but if you are at Pier 91 (HAL, Princess, X, RCI, or Carnival) the Uber pick-up is about .04 mile walk away.  There is a shuttle van, but walking might be faster.  Just ask the shore-side staff where to find the shuttle (holds about 12 people).

If you decide to walk, it takes about 7-10 minute.  Best to have decent wheeled luggage, and no falling off 'carry-on' attached luggage.

If you park at Seattle Cruise Park (also know as the Armory) they have their own private shuttle.  If you go this route, be sure to ask directions for the "Armory" car park (which is different from the on-site Pier 91 paid parking lot).  Confusing, I know!

Thanks so much. We're NCL, Pier 66 so guess. I need to have been more specific. Hope maybe someone might have some experience....or maybe I'll  post this on the NCL board if I don't get a response. I'll keep in mind that I need to think "Armory"

if I end up using Cruise Park.

Thanks once again 🙂

2 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

I would not stay at the airport and park at a hotel there. Stay closer to the pier and yes, use Seattle Cruise Park (Armory). We just did this in September and it was FABULOUS. Once off the ship, we walked down to the end where the shuttle bus was waiting, and I'd say we were back at our car within 15 minutes. Awesome.

Yes, the more I read the more it sounds like even at Pier 66 we need to be close to parking to make as quick an escape as we can for the 6 hours home. The NCL literature says "Republic Parking". Anyone familiar with that? I don't want to use anything that doesn't have someone here with experience.

Thanks very much.

Oh brother- I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time!

I dug a little deeper and found that NCL's "Republic parking" is covered and right across the street with a skybridge over to the pier! Again I am so sorry. I guess I'll switch my reservation to hotel and no parking now.

Redfaced 🙄

Pretty sure that Republic Parking is on-site at Pier 91.  There is a parking garage near Pier 66, but that would be more expensive as it is covered garage parking.

I would strongly suggest that you call Seattle Cruise Park (Armory) and speak to them directly about coming in at pier 66.  Seattle Cruise Park is known for their customer service.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

38 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Pretty sure that Republic Parking is on-site at Pier 91.  There is a parking garage near Pier 66, but that would be more expensive as it is covered garage parking.

I would stro not muchngly suggest that you call Seattle Cruise Park (Armory) and speak to them directly about coming in at pier 66.  Seattle Cruise Park is known for their customer service.

Thanks VERY much 🙂

Seattle Cruise Park does service Pier 66- it's just a ways further but not much. But Republic Parking is directly across from the Pier 66 terminal and it is covered. It's $23/day which is identical to Seattle Cruise Park.

It's all coming back to me now! We did an Oceania Alaska cruise from Pier 66 15 years ago and covered parking was right across the street. It was actually city parking then and a lot cheaper lol! $10/day. I thought it was Pier 91 but husband refreshed my memory.

I'm really sorry to have wasted everyone's time when it was all upstairs- the cobwebs needed dusting.

11 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks VERY much 🙂

Seattle Cruise Park does service Pier 66- it's just a ways further but not much. But Republic Parking is directly across from the Pier 66 terminal and it is covered. It's $23/day which is identical to Seattle Cruise Park.

It's all coming back to me now! We did an Oceania Alaska cruise from Pier 66 15 years ago and covered parking was right across the street. It was actually city parking then and a lot cheaper lol! $10/day. I thought it was Pier 91 but husband refreshed my memory.

I'm really sorry to have wasted everyone's time when it was all upstairs- the cobwebs needed dusting.

Petoonya, glad that you settled on the Port of Seattle Bell Street garage.  Seattle has changed so much since your Oceania cruise 15 years ago. many more people and cars.  Are you able to reserve a spot, or is it just self park day of?   Wishing you smooth sailing!

12 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Another option a short walk away from Pier 66 is the Olympus Parking Garage on Clay Street. They have a  cruise special for $75/week, covered parking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Petoonya, glad that you settled on the Port of Seattle Bell Street garage.  Seattle has changed so much since your Oceania cruise 15 years ago. many more people and cars.  Are you able to reserve a spot, or is it just self park day of?   Wishing you smooth sailing!

Thanks so much for all your help!!! very grateful 🙂

21 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Another option a short walk away from Pier 66 is the Olympus Parking Garage on Clay Street. They have a  cruise special for $75/week, covered parking.

Wow- that's terrific. Wonder why it's so cheap? The one across the street from Pier 66 is $157 for the week. I will certainly check this out. Thanks a million! 🙂

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Thanks so much for all your help!!! very grateful 🙂

Wow- that's terrific. Wonder why it's so cheap? The one across the street from Pier 66 is $157 for the week. I will certainly check this out. Thanks a million! 🙂

It’s more of a residential parking garage so it doesn’t get much exposure.

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

OK.....the pictures on Google make it look very nice and in a decent neighborhood. Thanks once again. It's a great deal!

Nancy

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Glaciers- would you have any idea who manages this? From what is supposed to be their website I get redirected to Diamond, United or Republic parking. And no one seems to know anything about this lot. You seem to be familiar with the area. Any clues where I could track this lot down? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Glaciers can you help me? I'm trying to find where to make a reservation for Olympus Parking Garage. I see the prices but to reserve all I get redirected to is Diamond parking, Republic parking or

13 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Glaciers can you help me? I'm trying to find where to make a reservation for Olympus Parking Garage. I see the prices but to reserve all I get redirected to is Diamond parking, Republic parking or

I walked over there this morning and the only contact is the same as their website. I called 206-284-6303 operations which was answered by Diamond Parking. Told them I was interested in the Olympus Parking Garage on Clay St and was transferred to Harbor Steps parking. Was told Jeff could help but he wouldn't return until about 11am this morning. It appears their direct number may be (206) 762-8881 at Harbor Steps. They were willing to take my number and said he would call back.  Ball's in your court from here.

If trying to make a reservation at this facility is so difficult not sure I'd use them. I had just seen the sign for a cruise rate of $75/week and thought I'd mention it.  If you pursue this please report back here. Not sure I'll recommend them again unless this works out for you.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Was told Jeff could help but he wouldn't return until about 11am this morning. It appears their direct number may be (206) 762-8881 at Harbor Steps. They were willing to take my number and said he would call back.  Ball's in your court from here.

I'll call after 11am and see if I can advance book. Thanks so much for all your help!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I walked over there this morning and the only contact is the same as their website. I called 206-284-6303 operations which was answered by Diamond Parking.... If trying to make a reservation at this facility is so difficult not sure I'd use them. I had just seen the sign for a cruise rate of $75/week and thought I'd mention it.  

Just wanted to say how kind you were to do this for someone on the boards here. 😊 

And I also agree with you - if a website is frustrating, we usually take that as a sign and go elsewhere. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Just wanted to say how kind you were to do this for someone on the boards here. 😊 

And I also agree with you - if a website is frustrating, we usually take that as a sign and go elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

I walked over there this morning and the only contact is the same as their website. I called 206-284-6303 operations which was answered by Diamond Parking.

I agree with you. Glaciers even WALKED OVER to the lot. That kind of attention and help is above and beyond kindness.

You meet some nice people on this board but I've never encountered such generosity of spirit.

Once again thank you Glaciers!

BTW- no advance reservations offered. I could chance it and hope they'd take me for a week but I'm too much of a worrier.

We're doing Oceania/Tahiti in April. The parking is for a cruise line I'm not fond of but is a family reunion, NCL/Alaska in May.

I am in your debt and hope to cruise with you one day 🙂

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1