Family of 4 in a balcony room - Oasis of the Seas?

MEH512

19 hours ago, MEH512 said:

Thank you so much for all your input and recommendations.  We decided to book adjoining rooms and it was less than the cost of a junior suite, with double the space, double the room, double the balcony and 2 bathrooms!  Yes!  

And DO NOT bid on a cabin upgrade with Royal Up.  You could get an upgrade of one cabin to an entirely different area of the ship.  That program handles each cabin separately.  

19 hours ago, MEH512 said:

Thank you so much for all your input and recommendations.  We decided to book adjoining rooms and it was less than the cost of a junior suite, with double the space, double the room, double the balcony and 2 bathrooms!  Yes!  

Edited by LeeW
double post

19 hours ago, BSocial said:

I thought I’d read this recently, maybe it wasn’t on Royal’s board.  Or  It may have been the scenario that had to do with Oasis’ room reclassifications.   Either way, it was involuntary.    And not a good outcome. 

edit:  I probably misspoke by saying upgrade,   I should have said ‘moved’. 

Yes this happened to me and it did have to do with the Oasis reclassification after she came out of dry dock.  One of our connecting rooms got moved to another deck but thankfully I got it straightened out before sailing.  We moved to a different set of connecting rooms and they actually turned out to be a better location.

Connecting rooms worked out great for my family so I think you made a good choice OP. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  I'm so excited.  This is going to be such a fun trip - and even though we're spending $$ to get the second cabin, it's less than upgrading to a junior (half the price for us) and gives us twice the space!  I think it's going to be amazing!

On 1/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, MEH512 said:

My husband and I are taking our grandchildren (11 and 6) on the Oasis of the Seas.  We've booked an Ocean Balcony cabin (182 sq ft).  Does anyone have any experience with 4 in the balcony room?  Will it be too tight?  Is it worth spending another $1900 for a Junior Suite for a 7 day cruise?

It will only be tight at night. Save your money, you will be fine.