Feedback questionnaire

mcloaked

It seems that in some people's cases (ours included) that towards the end of last year, possibly connected with the transfer of cruise bookings from Thomas Cook when it went into administration and Cunard took over their bookings, or with the big switch of server software, that the setting in some people's accounts for the "Marketing Contact" may have been set to "off" - in which case the automated sending of the feedback questionnaire at the end of the cruise via email does not happen.  If so then apparently there isn't any mechanism to have the link to the questionnaire sent at all, and the only way to get feedback on a cruise would be to email guest relations directly.  If that is the case you can phone Cunard to ask them to reset the Marketing Contact back on "on" so that you do get the marketing feedback and link to the questionnaire at the end of a cruise.  I wasn't aware of this change and I still don't know why mine was reset - anyway I thought it was worth letting people know.

Is that "Marketing Contact" setting part of what you can control within the login account you create when you register on the Cunard UK website? As I understand it, those of you in the UK can control at least some of your communication preferences with Cunard that way. I'm in the dark though about most of those details since I'm from the US and creating a Cunard login account is not something available in the US yet, hence my question.

18 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Is that "Marketing Contact" setting part of what you can control within the login account you create when you register on the Cunard UK website? As I understand it, those of you in the UK can control at least some of your communication preferences with Cunard that way. I'm in the dark though about most of those details since I'm from the US and creating a Cunard login account is not something available in the US yet, hence my question.

I don't know as this was discussed in a phone call - I have resisted logging in for a while due to the somewhat chaotic state that the Cunard login has seemed to be in for some time now.  But it is entirely possible that there is a setting in your account details once you are logged in - anyway if that setting is switched off then you won't get the feedback questionnaires.

I have always received publicity literature , Cunarder magazine and Christmas card from Cunard until recently and when I enquired why on Cunard's Facebook why it had stopped it was because my "marketing preferences" were set at off. Was told that due to new GDPR legislation if they are not updated every 6 months they would automatically turn to off.

1 hour ago, mcloaked said:

It would be very useful if Cunard communicated this to every passenger - and I for one was certainly not made aware of this!

I haven't looked at my Cunard account since the GDPR requirements were announced in '18 and I lodged my preferences online so the theory we need to update every six months certainly hasn't applied to me as I've continued to receive the usual bumf from the company including magazines and the Christmas card.