Getting of Bliss in Seattle

PixieMom3

usually early, about 8-830am,  but, anything unforeseen can happen.  Have been on 25 plus cruises, and only have had a slight delay from the disembarkation times you will be given, don't cut your flight times too close, if that's your transportation home.

1 hour ago, PixieMom3 said:

We will be on the Bliss in May going to Alaska. If the itinerary says it gets back to Seattle at 6:00am around what time should we plan on being able to get off. We can take our own luggage off.  

8:00-8:30 is incorrect. 

Self walk off and Port Valet (which NCL strongly encourages) starts at 7:00 am (or earlier) and they ask that you are off no later than 8:00. Now, they can not enforce that, but that is what they will ask. 

The first "steerage" color tag is advertised at 8:30 (but they usually are calling colors about 1/2 before the advertised time. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I have no idea if it happens a lot, but when I was on a cruise out of Seattle the terminal got backed up like crazy. Worst line I've ever seen getting off a NCL ship (I was stopped on the stairs for a while due to the backup and elevators were stalled because there was no space for them to get off). It took me well over an hour to get off once I headed towards disembark and I was using port valet so I think I was supposed to be off by 9? Didn't get off until about 30 minutes after I was supposed to be as the shut down the line for a long while and still took a while to make it through the terminal and customs. 

Have disembarked 3 times in Seattle, all self walk offs, with the last time being the Bliss.  It's never taken longer than 15 minutes to get from the cabin to the curb.  8-8:15 at the very latest, if arrival goes as planned, but if you want to stand in line, you should easily be able to get off a little earlier.  

We were once stuck on a ship on disembarkation day for an additional 4 hours due to fog. This was a Disney cruise into Galveston. While it did not impact us as much since we are Texans, it really impacted a lot of people. I am now a huge advocate for leaving either late in the day or the day after you disembark. Seattle also has a great baggage program so they will take your luggage and you can experience the port for the day and not worry about missing an early flight.