Anyone Taken These Culinary Courses?

Aloha 1

On an upcoming cruise there are 3  Culinary courses that interest me: Greek, Mediterranean, and Morocco and Turkey. has anyone taken any of these ? If so, what was your opinion, worth it/not worth it?

Aloha 1, I would take all of the culinary classes that you can!  They are fun.  The three you list sound delicious!  The classes are tailored for the cruise, which makes them even more interesting.  All of the prep work and clean up is done for you.  All you do is watch the Chef's demonstration and then cook.  Wine is also served while cooking.  They give you the recipes at the end.  I have made several of the dishes and they came out great!

1 hour ago, Twiga said:

Aloha 1, I would take all of the culinary classes that you can!  They are fun.  The three you list sound delicious!  The classes are tailored for the cruise, which makes them even more interesting.  All of the prep work and clean up is done for you.  All you do is watch the Chef's demonstration and then cook.  Wine is also served while cooking.  They give you the recipes at the end.  I have made several of the dishes and they came out great!

Do you get to eat what you create?

Edited by Justalone

Yes!  You get to eat what you make.  You cook in pairs and eat your own creations.  My recommendation is that you do not book a specialty restaurant after the culinary class as you will not be hungry after tasting all the wonderful things you made!   The classes I have taken last about two hours.  On my Riviera cruise last month the schedule said that the cooking class was from 4:00 to 5:30.  But it was  about 6:15 p.m. before we left the culinary center.

I also recommend taking any onshore excursions offered by the culinary class chef.  We did some very fun shopping and cooking onshore and met one great French chef in  Provence, and had his amazing chicken!  Also baked biscotti and pizza in Tuscany.  A lot of fun!

I would agree that the culinary classes are great.  We have not taken any of the ones you listed, but they do create interesting things to make and eat, and they teach you a lot.  But as has been said, they do sell out quickly.  Take as many as you can.

9 minutes ago, bbwex said:

they teach you a lot.

While I've read here that they're fun, I've also read that you really don't learn much if you're already half way decent in the kitchen.

14 minutes ago, clo said:

While I've read here that they're fun, I've also read that you really don't learn much if you're already half way decent in the kitchen.

+1

Much more Entertainment and a pleasant way to spend an afternoon than true instruction.

The ingredients are pre-prepped and pre-measured.  

The "Student" combines them , adds heat when required and VOILA

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, clo said:

That comment might be correct, though the chef does show you how to do things properly and explains why you do this or that.  Also as you are cooking some of the things, they show you how to do a few things you might not have encountered.  I guess, in this day of YouTube, you can learn the same things anytime you want.  All-in-all, however, we had a good time in the class, AND you MIGHT learn a thing or two.