Shaving your legs in the shower onboard

Bumblebee

And I can't understand why anyone would want to talk about something so personel on a public forum. I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.:rolleyes:

Garry

Shaving your legs is as personal as a man talking about shaving his face and I wouldn't be embarassed about that.

I've had a hoot reading this thread! The comparison of fem. sanitary products to shaving legs was especailly funny. I guess guys are embarassed to buy shave cream and razors!

Anyway, don't understand what the problem is, start at the feet and work your way up. If you can't bend over that far - putting your leg on the throne works too! Don't need to buy anything. Gives you more money to spend on clothes and shoes......

I've sailed on Princess, HAL, CArnival, NCL, RCCL - Never been a problem even when we've been in economy accomodations (most of the time...)

Have a great evening!

Barbara:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Intuition is one leg saving device of soap around the razor, so it glides, no nicks, no blood! Great for cruising & airmpits that do not burn from deodorant.

I bought one last week on clearance ( 5 bucks!) with an extra head and a brush with pumice stone on one side and brush on other as free gift.

Used it today for first time, how long is the soap supposed to last? Worried it will wear away before the blade goes dull.

Being of Italian heritage....I'm all for wax, wax, wax! I don't need to think about it for two weeks. And this from a girl who gets 5 0'clock shadow on her legs!:eek: Now THAT'S sexy!

Seriously, I have them wax everything they can a few days before vacation and I'm set! One less thing to worry about and pack..Sorry, Garry!:D

Waxing underarms does not hurt that badly. Other places do.

But I recently got my first treatment of lazer hair removal. It's awesome. I'm ready to move onto bikini. I recommend it, but please do research before you go somewhere. There are definitely some sketchy places out there. I think "you get what you pay for" applies here.

As one of the previous posters says... laser hair removal takes about 6 to 8 or so treatments (with a minimum of 5 to 8 weeks inbetween EACH) to have really good effects - so you are probably looking at about a YEAR of treatments before you have very good results.

Basically your hair doesn't gorw at the same time - some is domant/resting whilst the other is growing. The laser only works on hairs in the growth phase - so you need quite a few treatments to get it in the right phase...

Even then, after a year of hair removal treatment, it is not impossible to start growing new hairs - so you may need a "top up" every now and then. Think that is why they are normally very careful to state that it is "permanent hair reduction" and not "permanent hair removal".

All that being said, it is great! I am having it done on several areas - it RADICALLY reduces hair coverage (have had about 7 treatments on my under arms - just stuck with a few stubborn ones left) - it makes a HUGE difference.

It isn't painful (can be a little "uncomfortable" some times), but is costly and does take some time to work properly...

Boo

how long is the soap supposed to last? Worried it will wear away before the blade goes dull.

Hi! I've used the intuition for a long time. The blades actually go dull (IMO) before the moisture ring wears away. I generally replace it about every 3 wks or so. One is great for a cruise! I make sure to take 2 new heads - one for use & one for a back up (you know us paranoid types!):cool:

Nair. I never used it till I got a shower and seperate tub in my house. I am not always up for a bath to shave, and I am frequently joined by the toddlers who think Mom's bath means grab all the toys and play too. I just lather up with the nair, brush my teeth, pluck the brows and hit the shower.

And this from a girl who gets 5 0'clock shadow on her legs!:eek: Now THAT'S sexy!

heee hee heee.....I tell people I have "Fred Flintstone legs". :) Even after I just shave, you can see all the pores.

Tracy

I love the Intuition razor as well. It really can save a TON of time in the shower. I'd say it cuts my time in half to shave my legs. Just beware of missing areas since it's easy to lose track of the parts you've gone over!

And from the way that it sounds (I'm going on my 1st cruise in May)...space is limited in the shower and this little wonder will probably make shaving a lot easier!

Nair. I never used it till I got a shower and seperate tub in my house. I am not always up for a bath to shave, and I am frequently joined by the toddlers who think Mom's bath means grab all the toys and play too. I just lather up with the nair, brush my teeth, pluck the brows and hit the shower.

Does Nair really work and do a good job? Is it really smelly and does it give you a rash or irritation?

I'm such a chicken - never tried waxing, never tried Nair, just shaving.

Does Nair really work and do a good job? Is it really smelly and does it give you a rash or irritation?

This my personal opinion, but i think Nair and all of those hair removal creams are awful. They all smell bad, even the ones that say "pleasant odor" or claim to smell like coconuts or vanilla.... you can still smell the chemical.

And then the problem I had is that if you don't leave it on long enough, some of the hair doesn't come out but is real soft so you can't even shave it away. It didn't irritate my skin or burn, but I hated the way it felt on my skin. But if you do try it, you should do a skin test to make sure you won't have a reaction.

It is not the best smelling stuff in the world but it does work for me. I do shave my underarms, I won't use it there. I have never had a rash on my legs from it but... I am 1/2 Native American and I don't have much leg hair to begin with. I only use it on my calves mostly because my thighs are pretty hair free.

100% off topic. It just started raining ice. I can hear it. WOW

From personal experience...I can't stand Nair. I have recently begun having sensitive skin on my legs and wouldn't touch it with a pole, but when I used it when I was younger (before I was allowed to shave with a razor) it gave me some serious irritation. Along the lines of burn. I was very careful to keep it on the allotted time, but it still had a horrible reaction.

So just be careful with it. Although I'm sure it works...it really just depends on the type of skin you have.

Based on the recommendations here, I tried Nair last Saturday before sailing on the Radiance on Sunday. I ended up with a horrible, scabby rash on both of my calves. I also tried a special Sally Hansen for the bikini area and it didn't remove a thing. Even the areas where the nair worked and didn't scab over had to be shaved by Tuesday. Stick with the razor (unless you can do waxing). I just brought some shave gel and put my foot up on the toilet. There's a drain on the bathroom floor and it didn't get that wet anyway. It wasn't so bad. I just did it at night before dinner and then the next morning there was no stinging when applying suntan lotion. Have fun!

This is VERY entertaining!! :D:D

I have the Epilight done on my bikini area. When you are scheduling for this, just remember, have it done 6 weeks before you travel. It takes that long for it to "kick in". The other poster was correct - it's like getting snapped with rubberbands, but still less painful than shaving. It lasts many months -- I have this done only twice a year and I'm good to go. It's not cheap -- about $200 per time, but I think it's worth it. The shaving irritation was awlful.

Can't wait to see what we talk about next!! :D

Robin

Archived