Shaving your legs in the shower onboard

Bumblebee

As an economy-sized lady, I usually have a close personal relationship with the shower curtain, so I just open it up and put a foot on the toilet seat for shaving on the longer cruises.

Wendy

Ive decided to have mine waxed before i go... lasts a few weeks and comes in less and less and softer.... Just hurts alot around the ankle but now i wont have to worry about it on the cruise.

Me too. I have a leg and bikini wax before each cruise. One less thing I have to worry about.

That's the razor with the soap, right? How is it? Does it work well?

teamed with washing hair makes for a cozy seat on the floor of the shower, back up against the wall, leg up on the other wall & my Shick Intuition with no nicks is a blessing on a cruise. Then shampoo, body puff shower gel all over me, shave armpits too & rinse.

I try to kill two birds with one stone while shaving in the teeny round shower. I get an awesome leg workout standing on one leg while shaving the other! Thank goodness for the shower doors instead of curtains or I'd probably have fallen right on out of the shower more than once.

I wish I wasn't such a wimp and could just get my underarms waxed. Someone tell me, honestly, does it hurt really bad? I have a very low pain tolerance... :(

I've decided to just get lasered. It's like $75-100 for 15 minutes...they can do a lot in fifteen minutes. I'm thinking that I can do practically my entire body before June 4th! Have to decide, I guess, where I want to keep hair versus where I want it taken off. Ahhhh, to never shave again for a lifetime...will be worth every penny!

Tracy

Zotzer, i think it takes quite a few treatments before you are totally hair free. My sister had just her legs done and i think it took more than a year of treatments to stop the growth. Also beware you cant go out in the sun for a while after having it done so dont get it done too close to sailing.

I always shave my legs in the shower and dont find it find a bother, 5 minutes while your condtioner is working and you are done

I do it the other way around, I sit on the seat and put my leg on the ledge by the shower and shave from there. Its right over the drain in the bathroom so it works well. I stand up , step in the shower and spray my leg after I am all done along with finsihing up the showering. Seems to work well so far.

We have a pretty large shower, but I either sit on the edge of the bathtub and shave them or stand in front of the bathroom sink and bring my leg up and put my foot in the sink to shave. So...if I'm cruising...I just use the bathroom sink method. No problem.

Erisajd:

Um, what did you think people were doing in the spa shower before you got there, if not showering and shaving? :rolleyes: I think it's pretty safe to assume people were also naked in there, prior to your appearance, or is that TMI for you, too? ;)

Is the laser process painful? I'm going in for a consult next week-- wanna at least get my armpits done before my cruise-- but I wonder if it hurts either during or after the procedure?

The best way to explain it is like getting snapped repeatedly by teeny tiny rubberbands. It's not painless, but it's not unbearable.

Tracy

LOL Never knew so many people had problems shaving their legs aboard ship until I read this thread.

I'm 58 years old, have shaved my legs on camping trips, in shared bathrooms on European trips and on many cruise ships. Never went through the contortions many of you are describing and hope I never try them.

MACOP: you're description will long remain in my memory bank.:)

Dianne

LOL Never knew so many people had problems shaving their legs aboard ship until I read this thread.

I'm 58 years old, have shaved my legs on camping trips, in shared bathrooms on European trips and on many cruise ships. Never went through the contortions many of you are describing and hope I never try them.

MACOP: you're description will long remain in my memory bank.:)

Dianne

And I can't understand why anyone would want to talk about something so personel on a public forum. I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.:rolleyes:

Garry

And I can't understand why anyone would want to talk about something so personel on a public forum. I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.:rolleyes:

Garry

Just waiting for someone to start a thread about feminine pad disposal onboard ship. :)

Dianne

Archived