Canadian Prices

Sean87

Although I live in Toronto, when I go onto the Holland America site it only shows me prices in US Dollars.  It's strange because earlier in the day when I went to the plan a cruise page everything was in Canadian dollars and now when I go back it no longer shows me Canadian Prices.  I have no idea how to bring back the Canadian prices?  I've cleared my history and cache and went back in but that hasn't brought the Canadian prices back.  Is there something I should click on the main page?  I thought the site could tell where my IP Address  was accessing it from but I guess not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Being a Canuck I also have experienced this situation.  My solution...screw the company website and go onto Expedia or other site.  The prices aren't any different, and usually they have extras that the companies have negotiated with them that are add ons.  Went to a dedicated HA presentation by one of the TA's in the area and the HA Reps said not to use their page and to use the TA's site because of the same reason I already mentioned.

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

As we can pay in either it is frustrating they don't have a specific button to choose. I am sure I see Canadian before I have logged in. I think this may depend on cookies.  

I also find it frustrating when I am on vacation and want to do some planning. If I am in the UK , I only see sterling. 

Share your frustration!!!

On 1/29/2020 at 12:10 AM, Sean87 said:

I've cleared my history and cache and went back in but that hasn't brought the Canadian prices back.  Is there something I should click on the main page?

This happened to me a couple years ago through home airport settings. I legitimately wanted FlightEase to show me prices to fly Boston to Seattle, then Seattle to Montreal. My “home airport” after that was Boston and all pricing was in USD. The on-board FCC finally discovered this setting problem on a later cruise and fixed it.

• Thanks 1