Independence of the Seas, laundry/janitor locations?

cheezz

I'm trying to plan a trip and can't find a deck plan that includes locations of these staff rooms - I know how frustrating it can be to be awakened at 3am to discover the staff doing loads of bedding across from your room. Is there any site that shows this detail?? All I can find is an occasional break, shown as a white space, between cabins but there can't possibly be THAT many laundry rooms per deck.
thanks!

5 minutes ago, cheezz said:
I'm trying to plan a trip and can't find a deck plan that includes locations of these staff rooms - I know how frustrating it can be to be awakened at 3am to discover the staff doing loads of bedding across from your room. Is there any site that shows this detail?? All I can find is an occasional break, shown as a white space, between cabins but there can't possibly be THAT many laundry rooms per deck.
thanks!

There are rooms that they store their carts in but they do not actually do any laundry on guest decks. 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are rooms that they store their carts in but they do not actually do any laundry on guest decks. 

Is there a way to tell where these storage closets are? 

If you are that concerned about it then your only option is to make sure you book a cabin surrounded by other cabins.

Keep in mind stewards typically start their mornings around 8 AM and they finish their evenings around 9PM. So those storage areas are pretty quiet outside of their working hours.

I haven't had experience with RCI but have been on another cruise with so much banging that it was annoying. I use earplugs now but will be traveling with a light sleeper.

thanks all....I will be sure I'm not near one of the blank areas on the ship cabin layout.

8 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Has this happened to you? It has never ever happened to me .

The laundry issue has never happened to us, but I can tell you the loud dishes and banging have. We were in a room across from where they take the dishes to from room service. They kept leaving the door open and it was very loud. Let me just say that they didn't put the dishes on top of each other very gently. After I complained to GS it would be quite for about a 1/2 a day. It started again so I complained again. Once again it was quiet for about 1/2 day. After that I started sticking my head out the door and told them to close it. It took 2 times of me doing this and then it stopped. I now always look to see what's across from a room before I book it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Keep in mind stewards typically start their mornings around 8 AM and they finish their evenings around 9PM. So those storage areas are pretty quiet outside of their working hours.

Yes, even the cabin steward pantries (ice machines and glass washers) would only normally be in use during these hours, I would think that 3am noises would be more from food service areas (galleys and room service pantries).  Most ships only have a couple of room service pantries, so not on every deck, and they tend to be larger spaces, maybe even taking up the full width of interior cabins (i.e. from passageway to passageway).

• Like 1