Passport question

1bets1

I plan to book the 5 day Bermuda in June for me and my daughter. I know when registering, it asks for passport number. My daughter's passport expired, and she has an appointment for renewal Feb 8. Should I leave that blank, use the old number, or wait for the new one to come?  Does it matter? Thanks for any info!

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Leave it blank for now. When she gets her new one, you can add the information.

Thank you. I wasn't sure it would let me continue with blank spots. I'm assuming her passport will come in April/May- is the a deadline for registering? I think the cruise date is June 26.

40 minutes ago, hallux said:

If she's a US citizen and the trip is sailing from a US port she isn't even required to have a passport, so leaving it blank would be perfectly acceptable.

Thanks. I'm always concerned traveling without a passport, because NJ doesn't have the Real ID license yet. We're a little slow here. 🙂

41 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

Thanks. I'm always concerned traveling without a passport, because NJ doesn't have the Real ID license yet. We're a little slow here. 🙂

it is a good idea to have a passport. Applying February 8 her new passport should arrive in February or March. Plenty of time. Real ID is not required for domestic flying until October and it is not required for a cruise. She will be all set by June. No need for concern. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1