Star Obstructed outside rooms

rollingjay

3 hours ago, rollingjay said:

Can anyone tell me what the obstruction is on the Star Princess rooms 102-121 on deck 8.  From the deck plans it looks like the promenade deck is outside the window.  Thanks for any help.  

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=1042#portlet_tab5

There are a couple of videos on this site of these cabins on the Star and Golden ... sister ships to the Star ... that should show you exactly what you will see out your window.  

Just of note, they do close off this area right outside your window to passengers at night into the morning for your privacy and quiet ... at least that's been my experience on the Grand Class ships and I've sailed on this class at least a dozen times.  

8 hours ago, rollingjay said:

Can anyone tell me what the obstruction is on the Star Princess rooms 102-121 on deck 8.  From the deck plans it looks like the promenade deck is outside the window.  Thanks for any help.  

Yes it is the steel railing that is the obstruction.

If there are only 2 of you make sure you pick 118/119/120/121 as these are 2 person cabins. 
The others are quad cabins and will have the extra beds that protrude from the wall.

The 4   2 person cabins have windows behind the stairs that come up outside from the lower Promenade deck. There would be less foot traffic back there. 

The windows are mirrored so nobody can see in during the day but at night it is the other way around. Those outside stairs are closed off from sunset to sunrise but you can still access the outside 24/7 through a door on either side of the ship on deck 8 forward of 100/101.

There are no lights out there at night. Great stargazing!

They are in a great location.

There was another thread last week with a similar question and someone posted a photo of the outside deck area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We had one of these cabins on the Grand recently, and we really liked it. Great price and nice view.  We had E120, back in the corner, so nobody walking past.

Was there noise from the theater in that location?

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Was there noise from the theater in that location?

I heard a very distant, faint noise for a short time one night only. Was some kind of music, so I assumed it was from the theater, but it wasn't enough to bother me. DH, who has a lot worse hearing than I do never heard a thing

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes it is the steel railing that is the obstruction.

If there are only 2 of you make sure you pick 118/119/120/121 as these are 2 person cabins. 
The others are quad cabins and will have the extra beds that protrude from the wall.

The 4   2 person cabins have windows behind the stairs that come up outside from the lower Promenade deck. There would be less foot traffic back there. 

The windows are mirrored so nobody can see in during the day but at night it is the other way around. Those outside stairs are closed off from sunset to sunrise but you can still access the outside 24/7 through a door on either side of the ship on deck 8 forward of 100/101.

There are no lights out there at night. Great stargazing!

They are in a great location.

There was another thread last week with a similar question and someone posted a photo of the outside deck area.

Very good information. Thank you. 

• Like 1