Crown & Anchor

debgreg

Hi

We have just booked to go on Jewel from Dubai in three weeks. When I was booking it wouldn’t let me enter our C& A numbers and the paper work has come with no mention of our status (platinum) . As the website has changed I am struggling to find the page that used to show this and past/ future cruises

thanks 

12 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks LB, I see you have just done this cruise, if I’m correct I think you were on Ovation same time as us, repositioning when she was first built 😊

Yes I’ve just spent 2 weeks on Jewel. Absolutely fabulous, one of the best itineraries! And yes, I did Ovation twice, her maiden, and her rainy repo round to BCN!  Well remembered! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debgreg said:

Hi

We have just booked to go on Jewel from Dubai in three weeks. When I was booking it wouldn’t let me enter our C& A numbers and the paper work has come with no mention of our status (platinum) . As the website has changed I am struggling to find the page that used to show this and past/ future cruises

thanks 

If you booked balcony or above did you get the platinum discount?

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes I’ve just spent 2 weeks on Jewel. Absolutely fabulous, one of the best itineraries! And yes, I did Ovation twice, her maiden, and her rainy repo round to BCN!  Well remembered! 

Glad you enjoyed the Jewel, a last minute one for us.

Yes  a very rainy time indeed, thank the lord for the solarium 😂

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

If you booked balcony or above did you get the platinum discount?

I didn't book a balcony because I wasn't sure how it worked. As it was a last minute booking I've booked an outside with a view to maybe seeing if Royal Up happens, does everyone get an email ? 

57 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Glad you enjoyed the Jewel, a last minute one for us.

Yes  a very rainy time indeed, thank the lord for the solarium 😂

No need for the Solarium on Jewel, in fact the roof has been open all day today.😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kernow said:

No need for the Solarium on Jewel, in fact the roof has been open all day today.😀

Good to hear, so it has a retractable roof, fabulous I think they should all be like that, how are you finding the entertainment  I have heard differing opinions ?

We haven't really been to much so far, it's the production show tonight but we've seen it on here before and it's after dinner for late sitting which clashes with the silent disco which I love.

We've heard the pool band in passing a couple of times and they sound quite good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, debgreg said:

I didn't book a balcony because I wasn't sure how it worked. As it was a last minute booking I've booked an outside with a view to maybe seeing if Royal Up happens, does everyone get an email ? 

As I never get the a RoyalUP emails... here is how you can check yourself 30 days out!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Just now, little britain said:

Not here.
I always get “Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered”.. 

And the error goes away and lets you bid right at 30 days every time?

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

No mine is 20 days out and saying what LB said...maybe too soon as I only booked yesterday 🤔

There are other reasons you could get that error regardless of the underlying reason. If your TA doesn't participate, if the sailing doesn't offer them at all, if you try it with the name of the second person listed on the booking, etc...all give the same error.

Biker, who could bid 45 days out despite never getting an invitation.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There are other reasons you could get that error regardless of the underlying reason. If your TA doesn't participate, if the sailing doesn't offer them at all, if you try it with the name of the second person listed on the booking, etc...all give the same error.

Biker, who could bid 45 days out despite never getting an invitation.

I booked direct yesterday , so I’ll keep trying 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Ask folks in the roll call thread if anyone could bid.

Just looked and others were saying they haven’t had it either mustn’t be doing it for this cruise, no issue , we have an ocean view which I’m happy with especially for what we paid 😎