Early vs Late Dining times vs. Show Times

Drinal01

On 2/19/2020 at 1:43 PM, Drinal01 said:

I did read if you miss your scheduled MDR time you can go to Any Time and they will always let you do that.  True?

Any experience?

False.  If you miss your dining time you're welcome to skip the dining room and eat on Lido. 

I have been on 9 cruises and am planning my second Carnival.  I have done YTD on NCL and more recently on RCI.  On RCI 1 year ago, we were encouraged to make a reservation or possibly be faced with a wait.  If I need to make reservation, I might as well have a set time.  I will be taking an Xmas/New Years Cruise on Carnival with family.  I don’t like to eat late.  Early dining is my first choice.  I think that having the same waitstaff is a plus.

5 minutes ago, Drinal01 said:

As FTTF do I get priority for YTD?  I thought I read that I do.

That's only if you don't get assigned YTD when you book your cruise. If you get waitlisted for it, FTTF gets moved up the list ahead of those on the waitlist without it, but behind Diamond & Platinum. On the nights you dine in the MDR, FTTF has to wait their turn like everyone else with YTD.

4 hours ago, simplelife said:

If everyone loves YTD, why is early dining always the first to fill up?

I think the popularity of YTD is increasing. We were on the Valor this past December. We had booked that cruise 6 month prior and got waitlisted for YTD. If you think about that, in addition to all the tables available for YTD, it also allows for a four hour window to eat. That leaves for a lot of wiggle room to fit people into YTD. For that to fill up and cause people who booked later to be put on the waitlist means a heck of a lot of people chose YTD.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1