Accessing VPN while at sea?

I was curious if anyone has had luck accessing a work VPN while at sea? There seems to be mixed reviews if it will work or not on the surf and stream package and I hate to pay for it if I won't be able to access my work anyway. We use pulse secure if that matters? Thanks in advance! 

55 minutes ago, honeymooner16 said:

There seems to be mixed reviews if it will work or not on the surf and stream package and I hate to pay for it if I won't be able to access my work anyway.

You may not know for sure until you try it. If it doesn't you can ask for a refund of your VOOM package.

I've had success with Cisco Anyconnect, Juniper Pulse Connect and Fortinet Forticlient.  However these are all in a corporate setting.  

In addition I use a consumer based VPN service on a personal basis.  It features both IPSEC and SSL options.  Over Voom the IPSEC works while the SSL doesn't (same gateway IP address).  Not all VPN solutions can tolerate the latency and traffic shaping involved with satellite internet.

In a corporate world even the solutions above aren't guaranteed.  It depends how the people who deployed the VPN solution configured it.