Germ Report -Edge

flowery

I have been cruising since 1962 and have always thought the crew is much more germ conscious than the passengers.  I have never taken a cruise without sneezing, coughing, sniffling passengers.   They don’t use tissues or handkerchiefs.    I am often told they are not contagious?!   Coughing and sneezing into the air that I breathe spreads bacteria and viruses.   You may not think you are sick but you can still be a carrier.   All coughs and sneezes should be done into a tissue or handkerchief.   Better still those who have coughs or sneezes should be wearing those masks.    It’s a good time for those with chronic respiratory issues to skip cruising.

We're on the EDGE right now having an a great time! No obvious issues or any that we're aware of.  Crew is constantly cleaning every nook & cranny of this stunning ship with a smile & a greeting for you! Captain Kate & crew are awesome!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I have been cruising since 1962 and have always thought the crew is much more germ conscious than the passengers.

Yet 19 of 21 cases confirmed yesterday on the Grand Princess were crew members. Your perception is probably skewed because you see many more fellow passengers during the course of your cruise than you do crew members.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:12 PM, DrKoob said:

Cards? That's interesting. I only use stairs on a ship to try and balance all the food and drink I am consuming. We just got off Reflection on Monday from a 10 day cruise and I never touched a stair rail. And what about elevator buttons? They get touched by others every few minutes. Not sure there is a way to sanitize everything other than the aforementioned hazmat suit and gas mask. 

Jim

Using stairs is good...  However, a ship at sea is constantly moving in all directions and using hand rails is a necessity for those of a certain age and with mobility challenges.  Know the crews seriously wipe down all handrails, elevators and other open surface during night hours.  Best guidance remains no hand shaking, no hugging, wash hands frequently and use sanitizer afterwards, keep hands/lips/face moist, and limit exposure as best possible.