Have You Been Quarantine Onboard?

BOAZ5

We are sailing last week of March to Bahamas.  I haven't heard that Bahamas is turning ships away.  

I am not concerned about missing ports, but rather being quarantined in cabins on board the ship.  

Has anyone experienced a ship being Quarantined?  Were you in cabins?  What did they feed you?  

My concerns are superficial. but nonetheless would like to know what NCL's process is.  

49 minutes ago, BOAZ5 said:

We are sailing last week of March to Bahamas.  I haven't heard that Bahamas is turning ships away.  

I am not concerned about missing ports, but rather being quarantined in cabins on board the ship.  

Has anyone experienced a ship being Quarantined?  Were you in cabins?  What did they feed you?  

My concerns are superficial. but nonetheless would like to know what NCL's process is.  

We were quarantined on an Oceania ship (part of the NCLH corporate family) a couple of years ago for three days because there was the possibility we were ill with noro.

They took away our cabin key cards . Room service delivered our not particularly appealing meals...our menu choices were limited due to the possible noro and hot food was often cold by the time it got to us. 

We were fortunate to have  a balcony cabin, and were cruising in warm weather so we spent as much time as we could on the balcony. It didn't take long for us to go stir-crazy . We weren't particularly ill...my wife wasn't ill at all but she had to be quarantined too and we felt the ship's doctor misdiagnosed what was wrong and overreacted. I have a chronic GI problem that can produce some of the symptoms of noro but not all of the symptoms, and he didn't want to hear what I had to say about my medical history. 

Anyway, it wasn't pleasant. That small cabin starts feeling smaller and smaller very quickly. I can imagine how bad it would be if you had an inside cabin.

Edited by njhorseman

If you have the time and/or inclination, there are a series of vlogs (80+) on youtube of an English couple (David and Sally Abel) who were quarantined on the Diamond Princess, tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in a Japanese hospital.  The documentation of their experience is extensive and inspiring.  Their youtube channel is David Abel Celebrant Training.

Edited by Krazy Kat
  • Like 1

The quarantine on the Princess ships only allowed them 1-2 hours a day out of the cabin and then they had to keep a distance from everyone 

Food consisted of a choice of entrees and dessert from what I’ve read 

People in inside cabins had it the worst 

Edited by LaCal