Jewel turned away from Pacific ports

BillDz

I had a reservation on this cruise for March 20 but because I was alon3 i did not want to go so I cancelled it ...wow ..unbelievable 

another cruise i considered from San Diego is another one i could not go on 

whoever looked out for me thank you 

this Corav 19 is driving everyone bonkers ....please do your part  to put an end to it ...stay put now so we can all go back to normal soon 

by the grace of God we will return to cruising 

52 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

We left the ship Monday lunchtime. The bus from the ship went through a back gate at the airport to pull up directly alongside a Hawaiian Airlines charter plane, with security inspection on the tarmac.

We're home safe, at our holiday home in Arizona. It was good to be able to keep in touch with those outside (and inside) the ship on Cruise Critic.

Rob

Thanks for the update Rob. Good to know you made it home safely.

Thank you for keeping all of us here on land that were following the cruise informed.

Take care and stay safe!

I am so glad you were able to dock and hopefully everyone made it home successfully.  Stay well.

We were supposed to board the Jewel in Tahiti for the segment ending in Hawaii.  So sad to miss that fabulous itinerary.

Channel 9 in Sydney reported that all the Australians returning on the charter flight from the Jewel have been taken to a Sydney hotel for 14 days quarantine.

Rob

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Channel 9 in Sydney reported that all the Australians returning on the charter flight from the Jewel have been taken to a Sydney hotel for 14 days quarantine.

Rob

That's a good thing.  Just curious though, who is paying for the hotel and meals, etc?  Did they say?

2 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Rob

Insane. The central european flight ended in Frankfurt without any issues. Delayed disembarkation from the plane due to a staggered process of only groups of 40 each time and that we had to fill out a contact form no one looked at or verified. Should have written some random names and phone numbers though lol.

No temperature checks or medical questions and no quarantine as it should be. 

Hi, prior to our Qantas flight departing from Honolulu we received an email from the Government stating we would be quarantined when we arrived back in Australia, this being different from our expectations that we would self isolate at home for 14 days. On arrival in Sydney the Captain announced that yes we were going into quarantine. We had to remain on the plane whilst personnel came on board and distributed a health form to complete, information sheets and masks that we had to wear as we left the plane. Following a health screen which just involved temps being taken and a few questions we proceeded through Customs and Immigration then onto buses that took us to the Swissotel hotel in Sydney. We are quarantined for 14 days, doctors apparently will visit us twice a day, food left outside our door and no access to fresh air or outdoor areas. We have heard or seen no one since arriving. The channel 10 news reported last night that we had come from a virus infected ship and that five passengers are being tested for Corona Virus. I can only imagine the anxiety this would be causing some of my fellow passengers especially the older ones who don’t have internet or have a mobile phone to keep in contact with family. The crew of Norwegian Jewel did an amazing job keeping us safe and healthy, always had a smile and a kind word, I appreciate that they would have all had their own fears about their own families back home.