for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks but I did not see this anywhere, that would have been great!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, you made it home safe and sound...........😀

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

It was from  the Endoscopy Center.  There is a time limit? Really? I had no idea. Will call Blue Cross tomorrow........

You have to be provided a bill within a contracted period of time. I believe maximum is one year from service. Not your problem they couldn’t bill in a timely manner

4 minutes ago, awhfy said:

You have to be provided a bill within a contracted period of time. I believe maximum is one year from service. Not your problem they couldn’t bill in a timely manner

I think you are right, Melody.  And I hope this works out in your favor, Lois!

So my husband woke up with a HA Sunday morning that I was hoping was one too many martinis, took some Ibuprofen, HA went away. By Sunday lateevening he appeared to be coming  down with a “cold” and was feeling worse by the time we got home last night.  He did a home test this morning and he is positive.  I did a test, too and  I am negative.  This does not surprise me with all the coughing we heard on the ship and in the airports coming home.  

Otherwise, very fun and uneventful trip!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I think you are right, Melody.  And I hope this works out in your favor, Lois!

So my husband woke up with a HA Sunday morning that I was hoping was one too many martinis, took some Ibuprofen, HA went away. By Sunday lateevening he appeared to be coming  down with a “cold” and was feeling worse by the time we got home last night.  He did a home test this morning and he is positive.  I did a test, too and  I am negative.  This does not surprise me with all the coughing we heard on the ship and in the airports coming home.  

Otherwise, very fun and uneventful trip!

Sherri🙂

Hope he’s not terribly ill & you don’t get it. 

How’s your kitchen Reno going??  We’re getting ready for major  bathroom reno next month. Melody

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Hi, you are right! 😀 I just got off the phone with Blue Cross and there is a statute of limitations.....6 months.......I should have received some type of communication within 6 months of the procedure even if it was telling me they were transitioning to a new billing service. I am WAY BEYOND 6 months. So the rep told me as soon as I get the hard copy to email it to him and he gave me the email address and information (subject line).  When I get the stuff I will scan it in and send it.......he told me not to pay anything. 

Will let you know what happens going forward but a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Always nice when friends can help with these things.......and I do consider ya'll my friends!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Hope he’s not terribly ill & you don’t get it. 

How’s your kitchen Reno going??  We’re getting ready for major  bathroom reno next month. Melody

He just has upper respiratory congestion and a cough at times.  No fever or HA.  He has always been someone who thinks he is dying when he gets a cold🙄 and likes to be a big baby.  I went to the grocery store and he wanted chicken noodle soup, crackers and ice cream.😂

Kitchen Reno has made some progress, I would say we are about 3/4 of the way done.  It was nice to walk in the front door last night and see the changes.  

Great news for you, Lois!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri - glad you got home ok but bummed about your DH.  I'd have him go to the md and get some of the covid meds - i think it's called Paxloid or something.  Taken within 5 days, it's supposed to help.

With all the coughing you heard - now you know why in feel like i need to have a 'this is not a covid cough' sign around my neck when I go out. 😸

Didn't go leaf-peeping.  i had a little issue that i had to take care of - my bottom sheet on my bed ripped!  I had to go out and find new sheets.  it wasn't as easy as i thought.  The Bed Bath and Beyond down the road was woefully unstocked from the last time i got sheets there.   But, with necessity and not  being able to order online, I ended up just picking one of the 4 King sets they had and only using the bottom.  Maybe i'll go online and find something nice, but I'm not in a hurry now. 

OOTD:  56 in the house in the AM, so joggers and a sweatshirt.  I'll switch later to a Tshirt when it warms up in the house - got up to 65 yesterday (when the heat is on, i keep it at 66 daytime, 61 night).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sherri - glad you got home ok but bummed about your DH.  I'd have him go to the md and get some of the covid meds - i think it's called Paxloid or something.  Taken within 5 days, it's supposed to help.

With all the coughing you heard - now you know why in feel like i need to have a 'this is not a covid cough' sign around my neck when I go out. 😸

Didn't go leaf-peeping.  i had a little issue that i had to take care of - my bottom sheet on my bed ripped!  I had to go out and find new sheets.  it wasn't as easy as i thought.  The Bed Bath and Beyond down the road was woefully unstocked from the last time i got sheets there.   But, with necessity and not  being able to order online, I ended up just picking one of the 4 King sets they had and only using the bottom.  Maybe i'll go online and find something nice, but I'm not in a hurry now. 

OOTD:  56 in the house in the AM, so joggers and a sweatshirt.  I'll switch later to a Tshirt when it warms up in the house - got up to 65 yesterday (when the heat is on, i keep it at 66 daytime, 61 night).

We put the flannel sheets on this morning. 35 outside, 48 inside. Not turning heat on yet so flannel sheets & UGG comforter. 97 2 weeks ago!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

He cannot take Paxlovid due to other meds he is on.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri, glad you made it home safely but sorry about your DH and Covid. I agree, masking doesn’t spoil anything I do. It’s just a mask. . Bonus, I don’t have to spend as much time with make up. At least you weren’t quarantined during your cruise. Hope you stay well and DH has a mild case. 

Kat and Melody, good to hear that all is going ok with your family members after the hurricane. My Goddaughter said it was mostly wind snd rain but no damage or loss of power in Wilmington. As for BIL, he is still trying to assess his situation. So sad to watch all the reports of those who have lost everything and of course those who lost their lives. 

Lois, good decision to remain with your current doctor. Yay, you don’t have to pay that bill! Wonder how many patients will just go ahead and pay not knowing about the time rule? 

Wondering how Cynthia’s trip is going? Hopes she checks in when she can.

DS, DIL and GD arrive tomorrow so we’ve spent some time child proofing. It’s been almost 2 months since we’ve seen them so really looking forward to this visit. GD is now 18 months and very busy all the time. Actually we should be resting so we can keep up with her.

Wishing that our weather was more fall-like. No flannel sheets yet for us! Kat, I read that BB&B will be closing some stores and I’ve heard from friends that ours is not well stocked. 

Take care all,

Sharon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Sherri, glad you made it home safely but sorry about your DH and Covid. I agree, masking doesn’t spoil anything I do. It’s just a mask. . Bonus, I don’t have to spend as much time with make up. At least you weren’t quarantined during your cruise. Hope you stay well and DH has a mild case. 

Kat and Melody, good to hear that all is going ok with your family members after the hurricane. My Goddaughter said it was mostly wind snd rain but no damage or loss of power in Wilmington. As for BIL, he is still trying to assess his situation. So sad to watch all the reports of those who have lost everything and of course those who lost their lives. 

Lois, good decision to remain with your current doctor. Yay, you don’t have to pay that bill! Wonder how many patients will just go ahead and pay not knowing about the time rule? 

Wondering how Cynthia’s trip is going? Hopes she checks in when she can.

DS, DIL and GD arrive tomorrow so we’ve spent some time child proofing. It’s been almost 2 months since we’ve seen them so really looking forward to this visit. GD is now 18 months and very busy all the time. Actually we should be resting so we can keep up with her.

Wishing that our weather was more fall-like. No flannel sheets yet for us! Kat, I read that BB&B will be closing some stores and I’ve heard from friends that ours is not well stocked. 

Take care all,

Sharon

Thanks, Sharon, I think he is doing well with it, as I said, it is just a bad cold .  He was actually feeling a little better last night after he ate his ice cream!😂  And yes, II am happy that he started feeling symptoms on the last day, there were quite a few people confined to their cabins during this cruise.

I am so envious that your granddaughter is coming to visit, 18 months is such a great age!   Tiring but so much fun!   I hope you did some napping in preparation!

Have fun!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi

Im glad you had a great cruise Sherri and sorry to hear covid struck the cruise and your husband.

When we cruised in May ,we were one of the few who wore masks most of the time as we have not had covid yet and we were lucky.I dont know if there were any cases on board but I am guessing there probably were.I am like you, I so wanted to go but it wasn't nearly as social ,next year hopefully will be better .

The hurricane over on you Eastern Coast  looked terrible and so much damage ,so sad for everyone.

Sharron enjoy your granddaughters visit .It sure is a busy age I can vouch for that as ours lives with us at the moment with his parents but so much fun.

We are off to the lake today for three nights tonight.I  am supposed to have my next chemo on Monday but if my white blood count stays low I have to delay a week ,so blood test time this morning after my walk.

Take care everyone

• Like 2

Mr Toblerone, I hope your white count stays at a good  number. Fortunately, I never needed chemo, but I do take 4 pills each day to keep mine at a low number too. I am wishing you all the best.

Thanks Lois

I am lucky ,well in a way.I got given the choice to have chemo as in insurance but decided to go for it as 

I want to do everything I can for no return as unpleasant as it is going to be.

Im loosing my hair at the moment and have purchased a wig.

Still have Whistler in my sights for February 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Thanks Lois

I am lucky ,well in a way.I got given the choice to have chemo as in insurance but decided to go for it as 

I want to do everything I can for no return as unpleasant as it is going to be.

Im loosing my hair at the moment and have purchased a wig.

Still have Whistler in my sights for February 🙂

Mr Toblerone (will you share your real name). Hope your chemo goes easily. Hair will grow back. Good that you get to enjoy your lake. Will say a prayer for you. Melody 

• Like 1

Mr Toblerone - keeping you in good thoughts.   Enjoy the lake trip.  Whistler is an awesome place.  There is so much to there besides just skiing/riding.  I'll keep thoughts that your trip goes through.  

Today's my iPhone Architecture class.  looking forward to it!  Maybe it's over around 4pm, so I might scout out a place for an early dinner.  I eat downtown, really down in the Valley, very rarely so it'll be fun.  

Nice weather for the rest of the week, highs around 70 up here.  It'll be a 'sweatshirt in the morning, Tshirt in the afternoon" kind of few days.

OOTD:  I'll put on jeans and a Tshirt for the trip down the mountain since it'll be around 78 or so in the Valley.  

• Like 1

The iPhone "Framing Architecture" class was soooo good. I was the only one so it was 90 minutes of personal instruction.  we walked around part of Downtown Salt Lake City for the class.  Dave had me looking at more than just the building or fountain, but look all around for interesting lines everywhere.  Learned how to do a Panoramic shot.  Downtown has such diverse architecture, from red rock buildings from the pioneer days, to the old Temple, office buildings from the 60s to today, trying to get modern but still keep the original mormon base.   Here are a couple of my favorites from today.  Next up will be one of the portrait classes.

Ended up stopping by TJs on the way back home and picked up some salad makings and soups for the weekend.   OOTD was my jeans and my white henley Tshirt, pink hi tops and my latest Gigi Pip hat (the Zephyr in Creme).  Classy old hippie lady 😸

uoh2re0kRMqL5bB56DSmJA.jpg

7D1x9nCGRCGD60HJjxjQSw.jpg

cFZr9UCDThW2rXeuRweMyA.jpg

JyTftDlxRE+ay26SE98W7w.jpg

qTsRaPGTSx6+Xolc4KECRw.jpg

• Like 3

Kat, the pictures are amazing!  

So, I have had my husband’s symptoms since Wednesday morning, only not quite as bad.  Last night was the worse, bad HA, muscle aches, UR congestion.  I have taken 2 tests now, both negative, but I am going to assume that I am positive.  Feeling better this morning, husband is almost back to normal.  While we have had minimal symptoms compared to others, covid is nothing to take lightly. 

Mr. T, I think a lot of positive energy is coming to you from the states.  I am hoping for a great outcome for you!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Kat, the pictures are amazing!  

So, I have had my husband’s symptoms since Wednesday morning, only not quite as bad.  Last night was the worse, bad HA, muscle aches, UR congestion.  I have taken 2 tests now, both negative, but I am going to assume that I am positive.  Feeling better this morning, husband is almost back to normal.  While we have had minimal symptoms compared to others, covid is nothing to take lightly. 

Mr. T, I think a lot of positive energy is coming to you from the states.  I am hoping for a great outcome for you!

Sherri🙂

Sorry Sherri.  Those home tests can be a little messy on not generating the right result.  I think you are right for going 'presumptive positive."  That's what my company had me to last year when we were all sick but i didn't test positive.  Take care!  

going to do a little leaf-peeping today and maybe use some of my newly-learned iPhone skills.  i just have to peel myself away from the TV; watching 'Welcome to Wrexham', a documentary series by Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds on the Welsh soccer team they bought.  Even if you don't like soccer, it's  good watch.  it's about the entire little town and the people, not just soccer. 

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

The iPhone "Framing Architecture" class was soooo good. I was the only one so it was 90 minutes of personal instruction.  we walked around part of Downtown Salt Lake City for the class.  Dave had me looking at more than just the building or fountain, but look all around for interesting lines everywhere.  Learned how to do a Panoramic shot.  Downtown has such diverse architecture, from red rock buildings from the pioneer days, to the old Temple, office buildings from the 60s to today, trying to get modern but still keep the original mormon base.   Here are a couple of my favorites from today.  Next up will be one of the portrait classes.

Ended up stopping by TJs on the way back home and picked up some salad makings and soups for the weekend.   OOTD was my jeans and my white henley Tshirt, pink hi tops and my latest Gigi Pip hat (the Zephyr in Creme).  Classy old hippie lady 😸

uoh2re0kRMqL5bB56DSmJA.jpg

7D1x9nCGRCGD60HJjxjQSw.jpg

cFZr9UCDThW2rXeuRweMyA.jpg

JyTftDlxRE+ay26SE98W7w.jpg

qTsRaPGTSx6+Xolc4KECRw.jpg

I really need to take that class!!  Great shots

Hi girls, I drove down to the Chico's outlet store this morning😀and I found 2 pair of pants and 2 tops.

It has been awhile since I got anything new........I will take both outfits on my upcoming cruise. I leave 2 weeks from today. One pair of pants is like a twill with a black background and beautiful colors of burgundy and gold (sort of muted) floral.......the tag says Winter Rose Garden.  Got a solid black top, in a finer gauge knit to go with them. And the other is a pair solid grey slacks with a beautiful top--a pullover sweater (also a finer gauge) with a lovely print of light grey/cream/wine.  I will try to find pictures to post. Melody, you would love this store😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Sorry Sherri.  Those home tests can be a little messy on not generating the right result.  I think you are right for going 'presumptive positive."  That's what my company had me to last year when we were all sick but i didn't test positive.  Take care!  

going to do a little leaf-peeping today and maybe use some of my newly-learned iPhone skills.  i just have to peel myself away from the TV; watching 'Welcome to Wrexham', a documentary series by Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds on the Welsh soccer team they bought.  Even if you don't like soccer, it's  good watch.  it's about the entire little town and the people, not just soccer. 

Thanks, Melody, the home tests are known for giving a lot of false negatives and, since they are antigen, not very good at picking up the newer variants.  I am just going to piggyback on to my husband’s results!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Found a photo on line........they are prettier in person......it says ankle jeans but they are not jeans (in my opinion)......they can definitely be dressed up.

Winter Rose Garden Soft Touch Girlfriend Ankle Jeans

• Like 1