for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi, don't know what I did......I did not mean to quote you Cynthia,  but seems I hit the wrong key and could not delete it..........weird! Sorry about the mishap. 

Anyway, I am having an issue with my flight home from Greece. I book through SS because they have a really good price to upgrade to Business Class. My flight going is fine and my flight home was good too but then I got an email from Delta saying they have moved it back by over an hour......I was supposed to leave at 11:15am (out of Athens) and now it shows closer to 10am........no way I would be able to do that early of a flight.  I spoke with my gal at SS and she agrees, that is too early. So now I am waiting to see what SS is going to do.. They need to find me a flight home with decent times. Please send a good thought that this is going to work out!!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:01 AM, awhfy said:

Thanks all. Pain medication might be an issue, the only one I’m not allergic to is out of stock everywhere in the city. Luckily I have 10 pills left from my hand surgery last year (sure hope it’ll be enough!). Ice & elevation will ge my friend

Hi Melody -- how are things going?

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, don't know what I did......I did not mean to quote you Cynthia,  but seems I hit the wrong key and could not delete it..........weird! Sorry about the mishap. 

Anyway, I am having an issue with my flight home from Greece. I book through SS because they have a really good price to upgrade to Business Class. My flight going is fine and my flight home was good too but then I got an email from Delta saying they have moved it back by over an hour......I was supposed to leave at 11:15am (out of Athens) and now it shows closer to 10am........no way I would be able to do that early of a flight.  I spoke with my gal at SS and she agrees, that is too early. So now I am waiting to see what SS is going to do.. They need to find me a flight home with decent times. Please send a good thought that this is going to work out!!!!!

Good luck!!!!  🍀🤞

Seems there are lots of travel changes going on. Two days ago I got an email that Oceania is shortening the port hours on my Iceland/Greenland cruise.  And today Holland America emailed me that they have had to switch around several ports due to unavailability of one planned stopped -- which plays havoc with several private tours I've booked.  That's for my upcoming "cherry blossom viewing" cruise that circumnavigates Japan.

😠😠

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

OMG, don't spend it all at once!!

Did I mention my TJ's finally had the olive fougasse last weekend? I was in carb heaven for a couple of days. 

I know - the fougasse is out of this world!  I also was in carb heaven.    

The Sundance guy did it again - I now have 3 $2 bills from him!!!  I have to keep from laughing.

• Like 1

Hi girls, the last couple of days have been "Spring Cleaning" for me......only in January LOL......I cleaned out both of my spare bedrooms and realized I had at least 6 pieces of luggage that I have not used in YEARS........I also had a bunch of tote bags. Well, I put all those items in my trunk and car and donated everything to Good Will.  Then, my 2nd bedroom needed a BIG update.......I got new sheets, new pillows and a new bedspread.   I cleaned out some drawers today and omg, I had paperwork going back 20 years in multiple envelopes.......I put all that old paperwork in a garbage bag and took it to a place that does shredding. I remember years ago they (Whoever they are LOL) said you should keep your tax returns for 7 years.....so that would be 2016.  I had stuff going back to 2001😮 I had all that stuff when I moved in here 11 years ago. So now it is all gone to the shredding place!  Trying to think of what I have to do next LOL

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, the last couple of days have been "Spring Cleaning" for me......only in January LOL......I cleaned out both of my spare bedrooms and realized I had at least 6 pieces of luggage that I have not used in YEARS........I also had a bunch of tote bags. Well, I put all those items in my trunk and car and donated everything to Good Will.  Then, my 2nd bedroom needed a BIG update.......I got new sheets, new pillows and a new bedspread.   I cleaned out some drawers today and omg, I had paperwork going back 20 years in multiple envelopes.......I put all that old paperwork in a garbage bag and took it to a place that does shredding. I remember years ago they (Whoever they are LOL) said you should keep your tax returns for 7 years.....so that would be 2016.  I had stuff going back to 2001😮 I had all that stuff when I moved in here 11 years ago. So now it is all gone to the shredding place!  Trying to think of what I have to do next LOL

Come to my house & do the same, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have to do similar cleaning.  I have boxes that I packed up from the Big House when I moved into the Little House post-divorce in 2009 and have never opened them!!!  going from a 3600sq place to a 1500sq ft place had it challenges...

!

Saw my Nurse Practitioner for the annual wellness check.  Man I hate that stupid Mini Cognitive test that they have to give when you're on Medicare!!!  at least this time I did remember all the words.  Everything is going well.  The A1C is down even more.  All blood work is good, but my sodium level is low (typical for me).  She was interested that the endocrinologist didn't threaten me with insulin like she has.  the Endo gave me one more med to take and it's dropping my A1C and daily glucose a lot.  And, I didn't change any eating since I was already doing low carbs.   She was surprised that the endocrinologist said she wants to see me in 6 months and not sooner.  It's not stressing me out like she did.  Well, she said she doesn't need to see me monthly anymore since I've got the endocrinologist.  I'll just see her now for usual "not feeling well"  stuff.  It really did take some stress off of me.  

• Like 3

Hi Kat, oh wow.......so once my Medicare kicks in (March 1st) when I go to the Dr I will now be getting a cognitive test?

I remember posting a while back that my Dr had move further away from me. I want to wait until after  I go on Medicare for my 1st yearly check up.  So I am really deciding if I just want to find a new Dr. closer to home. I may call his office and see if he would recommend a Doc that is closer to me.

Glad your A1C is good!!!

And I didn't realize I had so much OLD paperwork..........20 years😮.........no need to keep that crap LOL....... 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Melody -- how are things going?

Doing ok, really bored at it doing anything!  Pain is just there, not intense, just a constant. Thanks for asking

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, oh wow.......so once my Medicare kicks in (March 1st) when I go to the Dr I will now be getting a cognitive test?

I remember posting a while back that my Dr had move further away from me. I want to wait until after  I go on Medicare for my 1st yearly check up.  So I am really deciding if I just want to find a new Dr. closer to home. I may call his office and see if he would recommend a Doc that is closer to me.

Glad your A1C is good!!!

And I didn't realize I had so much OLD paperwork..........20 years😮.........no need to keep that crap LOL....... 

Medicare gives you one wellness check a year.  The cognitive test is pretty lame.  I was given 3 words and repeat them back.  Then, I'm given a piece of paper with a big circle on it. Told to label it like a clock face.  Then, told to put clock hands on for 10 past 11.  Then, repeat back the 3 words.   

I have some boxes with hard copies of computer programs I wrote when I worked for Cisco Systems in the 90s!!!  I have no idea why I wanted to keep them!  They are so old that I probably could not understand what they did anymore.    

Today is the end of Sundance!!!  It was actually a mellow week for a Sundance.  But, next weekend comes the World Cup competition for ski moguls and aerials at Deer Valley (Thu, Fri, Sat).  That one will be an evening traffic mess.  The road I take up to work and the road to the ski area funnel into the same little roundabout and out of town.  No way around it.  I've taken 2 hours to get home when I usually go within 20-25 minutes.  THEN we get Presidents Week and then the start of the Spring Breaks.  It's one long, busy time.  

OOTD:  Snowing again and I have to be outside for awhile to day to help with icicle removal on the condos, so it'll be my Woolx leggings, a long sleeve Tshirt and my new red Amazon jacket.  Probably have my Chaco booties on my feet and my granny square beanie on my head.  

• Like 1

Regarding the cognitive test….

it is a quick way to check for beginning signs of dementia. People start having problems labeling a clock face correctly plus marking the time requested.

repeating 3–5 words after a 5 minute span and other chit chat gone on….a person with dementia has no memory of those words, even with hints.

I am living the journey right now with a loved one so am quite familiar with this test.

May none of you get this disease.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzisme said:

Regarding the cognitive test….

it is a quick way to check for beginning signs of dementia. People start having problems labeling a clock face correctly plus marking the time requested.

repeating 3–5 words after a 5 minute span and other chit chat gone on….a person with dementia has no memory of those words, even with hints.

I am living the journey right now with a loved one so am quite familiar with this test.

May none of you get this disease.

Wishing you and your loved one the very best. My Dad died having that horrible disease and I agree, I don't wish it on anyone. It is so, so very hard on the caregivers......sending you my heartfelt wishes.

• Like 1

We had a large water main burst last night nearby, and so far today we have very little water in our condo building -- just a trickle when you turn on the faucet. And I was planning to do laundry today!!!!

Instead I guess I'll just run my usual Saturday gauntlet of errands....

Another "OMG" moment -- my old Mac finally crashed completely (the one I replaced) and it still had some files and pics on it that I want to retrieve. Now I have to figure out who might be able to assist me with that.

My next cruise is coming up pretty quickly (the long-delayed Japan "cherry blossom viewing" cruise), and of course my planning doc was also on the old computer. Yikes!  I'm doing a mix of "on my own", private tours, and ship tours since I get three free ones with my fare.

• Like 1

Tonight, I had a wonderful chat with my owner and her husband who own the villa in Tuscany.  I didn't realize how wealthy they are.  Well, they are wealthy with a capital W.  Villa in Tuscany, penthouse in Nashville, house in Knoxville.  Vacations in Italy, weeks at Amangiri in S. Utah ($3-4,000 a night!!!), private jet.  She said she's bringing me and my boss some Chianti that doesn't get sold except at the winery, some seasoning she got from Dario Cecchini (the famous Tuscan butcher), some olive oil pressed at her neighbor's place.  Yozah!!!!   I just want to stay at her villa!!!!!!   They are renovating their condo here - she asked if I want any of her furniture!   Unfortunately, I don't like her furniture taste 😞

After talking to them, I really want to go back to Tuscany.  Another hamster on my wheel...

Another winter storm coming tonight.  I am soooo over it.  I can't heave my shoveling over my mounds anymore!!!  

• Like 1

I was reading about TJ's on line and I know many of you are big fans......this is about their top 9 products that customers voted on....

Here is a link to the article:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/29/business/trader-joes-fan-favorites-trnd/index.html

Kat, your owner does sound quite wealthy.  When you own that much property, for sure. 

• Like 1

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well. I decided to go grocery shopping earlier today and went to TJ's......

I got a few things and the produce looked good but maybe I just never realized this before, but they don't carry many items I prefer.  Example would be yogurts........I didn't know any of the brands but decided to try 3 different flavors.  But they sure don't have many choices. (in my opinion anyway).

I did get some oranges, apples, blueberries and strawberries though. Got some other items too but I now know for my "regular grocery shopping" I will be sticking with my Publix🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well. I decided to go grocery shopping earlier today and went to TJ's......

I got a few things and the produce looked good but maybe I just never realized this before, but they don't carry many items I prefer.  Example would be yogurts........I didn't know any of the brands but decided to try 3 different flavors.  But they sure don't have many choices. (in my opinion anyway).

I did get some oranges, apples, blueberries and strawberries though. Got some other items too but I now know for my "regular grocery shopping" I will be sticking with my Publix🙂

Yeah, I agree TJ's isn't for everything. I use it more like an occasional break from the usual things at my Publix -- you know, those times when you feel like you're in a rut. 😕

I read the article on the TJ's favorites and have to admit I got the Butter Chicken last time I was there, but I haven't tried it yet. Waiting for the right moment to bust it out. (When I'm bored, tired of cooking, and/or don't want to go out.....)

• Like 1

I don't buy much yogurt at TJ's.  I do like their full-fat vanilla bean.  But, I like Noosa so I get mine at my local market.   I think of TJ's as more of a "specialty" store - get things I can't find at Smith's (like a Publix).

Day off today!  It's been bone-chilling cold the past few days,  lows around -7 and maybe a high to high teens.  Supposed to warm a little to the 30s this weekend.  At least I got a lot of use out of my Amazon coat!!  

• Like 1

I guess I was thinking I could find more things that I can regularly buy at Publix.......but you are correct, it is definitely more of a specialty store. 

I watched the Tyre Nichols funeral today. That family has more grace than I could ever have in that situation. My heart goes out to his mom, especially.......to all those Moms who have lost their sons in such a horrific way. 

• Like 3

Hi, I don't think I have tried Noosa......I have seen it in the store though. Is it more dense or is it a creamier yogurt?  I want to say I may have it tried it once but not really sure.......and Melody, I love putting fresh blueberries with my yogurts. Icelandic makes a creamy Vanilla and the blueberries go really well with it🙂

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I don't think I have tried Noosa......I have seen it in the store though. Is it more dense or is it a creamier yogurt?  I want to say I may have it tried it once but not really sure.......and Melody, I love putting fresh blueberries with my yogurts. Icelandic makes a creamy Vanilla and the blueberries go really well with it🙂

Noosa is dense & creamy. Lovely rich taste. I just added fresh raspberries to a raspberry Noosa. It was like having dessert instead of breakfast (I was out of blueberries). Melody