Booked Allure-Galveston What will happen to my reservation?

I was reading a thread saying that they are delaying building the pier in Galveston that will house Allure OTS so I assume they won’t be bringing Allure there as scheduled.  Our reservation is for March 2022, will the delay exceed this date? What will happen to those reservations then? I’ve never been in this boat before (sorry-couldn’t resist) .  

6 minutes ago, Cruis'in Mom said:

I was reading a thread saying that they are delaying building the pier in Galveston that will house Allure OTS so I assume they won’t be bringing Allure there as scheduled.  Our reservation is for March 2022, will the delay exceed this date? What will happen to those reservations then? I’ve never been in this boat before (sorry-couldn’t resist) .  

If and it is currently if, they do not bring Allure to Galveston it would be the same as a redeployment in which case you might be offered a couple of price protected sailings on another ship and some OBC.  You would also have the opportunity to cancel for a full refund 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Cruis'in Mom said:

I am booked on the first scheduled sailing in November of 2021, and also a spring break sailing in March of 2022.

I expect to receive an FCC/Refund for the November 2021 if it comes to it.

I have booked a separate cruise for Spring Break 2022 (we have specific cabin desires), and am willing to eat the Change fee for folks in my group if it winds up sailing.

5 minutes ago, Wahed said:

I am booked on the first scheduled sailing in November of 2021, and also a spring break sailing in March of 2022.

I expect to receive an FCC/Refund for the November 2021 if it comes to it.

I have booked a separate cruise for Spring Break 2022 (we have specific cabin desires), and am willing to eat the Change fee for folks in my group if it winds up sailing.

If the November 2021 cruise is cancelled then the March 2022 will be as well.  They are both the same season and Royal  is looking at a 1 year postponement of construction.

In last redeployments FCC’s have not been offered.  There have been 3 options

1.  Move your reservation to one of a couple price protected sailings on a different ship plus Some OBC (typically $200 for balconies and below on a 7 day sailing)

2. Move your reservation to any other ship and sail date and get the same OBC as above

3. Cancel and receive a full refund

Airfare credit of $200 local or $400 international offered only if changes happen within a year of sailing. 

• Like 1

We’re booked on Allures first sailings.  I’ve had this happen before.  I’m just hoping they don’t wait too long to officially notify us so I can still lock in a lower rate on something else.  I want to book something else now but would like the OBC so I’m waiting.  

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the November 2021 cruise is cancelled then the March 2022 will be as well.  They are both the same season and Royal  is looking at a 1 year postponement of construction.

In last redeployments FCC’s have not been offered.  There have been 3 options

1.  Move your reservation to one of a couple price protected sailings on a different ship plus Some OBC (typically $200 for balconies and below on a 7 day sailing)

2. Move your reservation to any other ship and sail date and get the same OBC as above

3. Cancel and receive a full refund

Airfare credit of $200 local or $400 international offered only if changes happen within a year of sailing. 

Thanks.  I'm good with whatever they decide.  I backed myself up on Symphony during Spring Break 2022.

The November 2021 was a "just because" i was excited for a 1 hour drive to the cruise port.  And it was the inaugural sailing.

Food for thought : Tent or Tents

We sailed a few times on Voyager Class ships out of and into Rome without a terminal through a tent or two. I believe other larger classes were sailing there also at that time.

Guess it is possible to sail Galveston under same scenario with additional tent, if needed, and added onto present new and expanded Royal Terminal # 2  for Freedom Class .

Oasis could use possibly use Terminal # 2 but would be slow unless enhancements could be made.    

Oasis class ship will definitely fit into Galveston channel.

Comparison RCL Class Ships to Galveston Port Channel -
Class / Overall Length Ft* / Draft Ft
Voyager / 1021 Ft / 29 Ft
Quantum / 1142 Ft / 29 Ft
Freedom / 1112 Ft / 29 Ft
Oasis / 1181 Ft / 31 Ft

Galveston Port Channel
“Narrowest” Width 1200
Minimum Depth 45
* not at waterline and relative to turn around

Turning basin used now by Carnival and RCL is wider.

Edited by ssb

11 minutes ago, BSocial said:

@ssb

Have you seen or heard any details from the contract renegotiations discussed in the Wharves meting March 31 ?  

Many of us do not have access to the Galveston daily newspaper.   

thanks!

Yes thanks for asking.  I should has done that . No I have not heard .  I actually have been very very busy on project with head down. The discussions were in executive session .  I will find out. 

All public comment though by the  Chair and the Executive Director  have been positive toward a resolution with extension request .     

Edited by ssb

I am hoping they’ll either still bring the Allure to Galveston or replace her with another ship or two that do 7 day itineraries because the only other options I saw were Adventure ots 4/5 night sailings. We are a group of 10 and my husband and I are treating our kids and spouses to this cruise.  We would drive to Galveston.  I cannot afford to move the reservation to another port if we had to fly there.

If they would cancel how far out would that happen.  We are also booked March 2022.  My thought is that we would just go to where ever Allure was changed to sail from as long as we could keep same room and cost.  It would be almost impossible to find another A1 at the price we booked Allure.

17 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

If they would cancel how far out would that happen.  We are also booked March 2022.  My thought is that we would just go to where ever Allure was changed to sail from as long as we could keep same room and cost.  It would be almost impossible to find another A1 at the price we booked Allure.

They would cancel as soon as they are 100% certain the Allure would not move to Galveston and they had figured out where she would be going and who would be replacing her. If the Allure is not going to Galveston due to a delay in the new terminal I would expect an announcement in the next 3-6 months 

GALVESTON

A decision about whether to give Royal Caribbean Cruises more time to fully commit to building a third terminal in Galveston will wait another two weeks, the Galveston Wharves Board of Trustees decided Monday.

During a special meeting, the wharves board voted to delay a decision on amending the port’s lease contract with Royal Caribbean that is meant to guarantee the construction of a $100 million terminal at Pier 10.

The company in March asked for an extra year to begin building the terminal because it had put a hold on capital projects during the coronavirus outbreak.

The board voted unanimously to delay its decision on the amendment.

“I just wanted more details about where we’re going in the future,” said Trustee Ted O’Rourke, who made the motion to defer. The board voted after discussing the contract in executive session for more than two hours.

The port and Royal Caribbean agreed to the lease in December after nearly a year of negotiations. The agreement included a 120-day due diligence period during which Royal Caribbean could walk away from the deal, officials said.

The due diligence period was set to end on April 10, beyond which the agreement would be binding.

Royal Caribbean asked the port March 26 to extend the due diligence period by a year because of the coronavirus crisis, which has caused a months-long shutdown of the global cruise industry.

The port agreed to extend the period to April 29, Port Director Rodger Rees said Monday. That gives the wharves board time to make a decision about agreeing to an extension during its April 28 meeting.

Royal Caribbean officials had reiterated their commitment to the Texas project, Rees told trustees Monday.

“The last thing they intend to do is not build this terminal here,” Rees said.

No Royal Caribbean cruises have left the Port of Galveston since March 13, and an order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week could cancel all cruises in the United States until July 19. The no-sail order could be lifted earlier by order of the CDC or the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services.

If all scheduled cruises through July 19 are canceled, the port will have lost at least 108 planned at the beginning of the year. The port has not yet released an estimate of what the lost cruises will mean to its bottom line.

Those estimates, and a final decision on the Royal Caribbean terminal contract, are expected during the board’s April 28 meeting.

John Wayne Ferguson: 409-683-5226; john.ferguson@galvnews.com or on Twitter @johnwferguson.

•  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ssb said:

GALVESTON

A decision about whether to give Royal Caribbean Cruises more time to fully commit to building a third terminal in Galveston will wait another two weeks, the Galveston Wharves Board of Trustees decided Monday.

During a special meeting, the wharves board voted to delay a decision on amending the port’s lease contract with Royal Caribbean that is meant to guarantee the construction of a $100 million terminal at Pier 10.

The company in March asked for an extra year to begin building the terminal because it had put a hold on capital projects during the coronavirus outbreak.

The board voted unanimously to delay its decision on the amendment.

“I just wanted more details about where we’re going in the future,” said Trustee Ted O’Rourke, who made the motion to defer. The board voted after discussing the contract in executive session for more than two hours.

The port and Royal Caribbean agreed to the lease in December after nearly a year of negotiations. The agreement included a 120-day due diligence period during which Royal Caribbean could walk away from the deal, officials said.

The due diligence period was set to end on April 10, beyond which the agreement would be binding.

Royal Caribbean asked the port March 26 to extend the due diligence period by a year because of the coronavirus crisis, which has caused a months-long shutdown of the global cruise industry.

The port agreed to extend the period to April 29, Port Director Rodger Rees said Monday. That gives the wharves board time to make a decision about agreeing to an extension during its April 28 meeting.

Royal Caribbean officials had reiterated their commitment to the Texas project, Rees told trustees Monday.

“The last thing they intend to do is not build this terminal here,” Rees said.

No Royal Caribbean cruises have left the Port of Galveston since March 13, and an order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week could cancel all cruises in the United States until July 19. The no-sail order could be lifted earlier by order of the CDC or the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services.

If all scheduled cruises through July 19 are canceled, the port will have lost at least 108 planned at the beginning of the year. The port has not yet released an estimate of what the lost cruises will mean to its bottom line.

Those estimates, and a final decision on the Royal Caribbean terminal contract, are expected during the board’s April 28 meeting.

John Wayne Ferguson: 409-683-5226; john.ferguson@galvnews.com or on Twitter @johnwferguson.

•  

Thanks for the update.