New cruising Realities?

pinotlover

I believe one of the Ponant’s points I liked best is that is sounds as, if one is put into quarantine, they have a cabin for you! Eliminate the honor system where you ignore your quarantine order if you choose! 

I believe Carnival’s CEO said his lines had dropped the idea of the letter from the doctor. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Elimination of buffets we knew. Didn’t actually address seating capacity issues in the dining areas. 

32 minutes ago, ABoatNerd said:

Staying home.

Just the thought that I could be turned away at the dock is a non starter. All the $ at risk. No thank you.

No cruising for me. 

Seems to be no choice for us.  When they get a vaccine we will re look at going.  Hope pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, ABoatNerd said:

Just the thought that I could be turned away at the dock is a non starter. All the $ at risk. No thank you.

According to a good friend that is a doctor/ Medical Officer for one of the major lines, this issue has been brewing for awhile. COVID has only brought it to a head. Passengers showing up severely ill and/ or with extremely grave medical conditions has long been a problem for both the ship’s medical staff and service staff. Covid will be the straw that necessitates a change in policy mandated by governmental rules.

Here’s my bet: Even if/when a vaccine becomes available, the new embarkment procedures will continue.

8 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

They're the harsh reality of what may continue for a long time. No thanks. We'll stay home.

I believe that you're correct. But there is other traveling you can do.

• Like 1