Uber from Hotel to Port Canaveral

Lee Cruiser

We are booked on a September cruise out of Port Canaveral.  We usually take a hotel shuttle to the port, but the shuttles at the hotel we are staying at start later than we like to arrive at port for priority check in.  I was thinking about planning on using Uber, but was concerned there may not be many available for that short of a trip if a lot of people are using them to travel from the port to the airport.  Has anyone ever used Uber to get from an area hotel to the Port? Was there much of a wait?  Would you do it again?  Thanks

There are also local taxis - you can ask the hotel front desk to arrange one for you.

You can pre-book your Uber the night before; I've had good luck doing this with early morning airport departures (pre-virus).  the drivers can see the booking out there and plan their day when they accept your request.  Lots of Ubers in the Port Canaveral area.

Lee Crusier:

I had the same question. Would you mind telling me what hotel you're staying at?

We're waiting until Covid-19 gets a bit more squared away and then we're going to jump on a cruise as soon as they're running.

We are staying at Country Inn and Suites this time.  We stayed across the street at Homewood Suites several times, but their rates are about $100 higher than Country Inn this year.  We like staying right in that area because the Hertz car rental is right there.  We are renting a car from Hertz at the airport and returning it at the Port Canaveral location.

Just now, Guineaman said:

Lee Cruiser: Airport = MCO, I assume.

Are you renting one way from MCO to Pt. Canaveral and one way back to MCO?

It is MCO.  We are renting one way from from MCO to Port Canaveral.  However, we are taking Cortrans Shuttle for the return trip  to MCO following the cruise.

2 hours ago, Guineaman said:

Lee Cruiser: Airport = MCO, I assume.

Are you renting one way from MCO to Pt. Canaveral and one way back to MCO?

Unless your flight home leaves after about 2:00, giving you time for a fun lunch, you are better off skipping the post cruise car rental and using one of the popular shuttles.

2 hours ago, Michelle c said:

I tried to reserve a car from MCO to Cape Canaveral with Hertz for end of August and it is telling me the Hertz location in Cape Canaveral is temporarily closed. Anyone else able to make a reservation around this time?

I reserved Hertz on Monday for MCO to Cape Canaveral, but mine is for September.

2 hours ago, Michelle c said:

I tried to reserve a car from MCO to Cape Canaveral with Hertz for end of August and it is telling me the Hertz location in Cape Canaveral is temporarily closed. Anyone else able to make a reservation around this time?

Also, I just tried a mock booking for August 14 (without completing the reservation) and it pulled up cars and price information.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I popped in on this. I just booked Country Inn and Suites. I did not like the hotel offerings from GoPort. CIS has the parking package since we will be driving in. I too want to take an Uber or Lyft to the port. Heck, I would pay someone from the hotel to drive my truck, drop us off, then park it again at the hotel. I know it is only about 1.5 miles and I would assume Uber XL vehicles will be picking up and dropping people off like crazy on cruise mornings.

My question, and I don't mean to hijack, what time do you plan to get dropped off at your cruise terminal?

We typically try to arrive between 10:30-11, but post-virus check ins may be a bit different and will likely take longer - so either more waiting or try to arrive later and miss most of the crowds.

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Glad I popped in on this. I just booked Country Inn and Suites. I did not like the hotel offerings from GoPort. CIS has the parking package since we will be driving in. I too want to take an Uber or Lyft to the port. Heck, I would pay someone from the hotel to drive my truck, drop us off, then park it again at the hotel. I know it is only about 1.5 miles and I would assume Uber XL vehicles will be picking up and dropping people off like crazy on cruise mornings.

My question, and I don't mean to hijack, what time do you plan to get dropped off at your cruise terminal?

We typically arrive there at 9:45 or so.  Priority check in starts at 10.  But, as John has already mentioned, things may be way different this time.  We will probably just have to wait to see what the check in changes are before we decide for sure this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, bigrednole said:

Why not take the the shuttle from Country Inn & Suites?

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Why not take the the shuttle from Country Inn & Suites?

We now have a family member visiting for the night that will drop us off. I was just concerned there may be too many people on the shuttle or we get a later shuttle than we would want. That is all.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, bigrednole said:

Which cruise are you on?  Hubbs and I are booked on the Radiance ( Jan 16,2021)  and are also staying at the CIS.  Thinking of a taxi or Uber too because of previous bad experiences with the shuttles.  

baf

We are on HOTS on Nov 22. I have seen the video someone posted staying at CIS and the shuttle/driver are excellent it seems. I just prefer the pack, go, drop off, and be gone. I have not been on a cruise, but it is the same at almost any resort. I want to get in and get started. The earlier the better.