Should I cancel or wait

2 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I think we're on your cruise also if it's the Harmony.  I'm going to wait until closer to final payment  to decide.  By the final payment time, if the ships still aren't sailing, they likely/hopefully will have the cruise with confidence policy extended for Nov so we can just move it to late 21 or even 22.  Wondering about another outbreak in the fall also.. ugh.

We're ready to cancel any cruise and lose our deposit if we aren't comfortable with the situation.  

Yes it is the harmony. We were super excited about this cruise but I know that I will not be comfortable cruising anytime this year. We are going to take a staycation! We have one booked for the fall of next year too and I am honestly on the fence about that one but it’s so far off I will just hold off on it.

4 minutes ago, Threedragons said:

Yes it is the harmony. We were super excited about this cruise but I know that I will not be comfortable cruising anytime this year. We are going to take a staycation! We have one booked for the fall of next year too and I am honestly on the fence about that one but it’s so far off I will just hold off on it.

We were looking forward to this cruise also.  It's a great ship.  We have several cruises booked up to next fall/winter and each one canceled this year is piling on to next year!!  I hope it does clear up by next fall and we can all safely enjoy our sea voyages again.  After being locked up since March 6 with no end in sight, a staycation isn't too appealing!:classic_rolleyes:

Our cruise "was" in August. Final payment is now. Last night I called and cancelled our family cruise. It was a hard decision but one that all of us felt was the right one. We paid with refundable deposit over a year ago, plus made payments through out the year. We also made several purchases on the cruise planner as well. We also discussed paying it off in full now... waiting to see if Royal would cancel the sailing.... we would cancel closer to the sailing date (48 hours)... or actually going on the cruise if it was not cancelled. But in the end we choose to cancel now.  This family cruise was two years in the making.... 

OP I know what you are going though deciding what is right for all involved. Good luck in your decision. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You have to make final payment to do that. Doing that now, you are quite certain RCI will cancel, in Nov, perhaps a bit less so.

But if they extend the CWC to cover the OP's dates then at least they get 100% FCC for their deposit and don't lose the 25%.  However, if they are sure they would never cruise again your answer is best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjtt said:

Our cruise "was" in August. Final payment is now. Last night I called and cancelled our family cruise. It was a hard decision but one that all of us felt was the right one. We paid with refundable deposit over a year ago, plus made payments through out the year. We also made several purchases on the cruise planner as well. We also discussed paying it off in full now... waiting to see if Royal would cancel the sailing.... we would cancel closer to the sailing date (48 hours)... or actually going on the cruise if it was not cancelled. But in the end we choose to cancel now.  This family cruise was two years in the making.... 

OP I know what you are going though deciding what is right for all involved. Good luck in your decision. 

I’m sorry you had to cancel. This cruise would have been my brother in law and nephews first ever cruise (first time flying or going outside of the US at all) I know so many people are having to make these tough decisions and it stinks! Stay safe and hopefully your family can go in the future. 

19 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I think we're on your cruise also if it's the Harmony.  I'm going to wait until closer to final payment  to decide.  By the final payment time, if the ships still aren't sailing, they likely/hopefully will have the cruise with confidence policy extended for Nov so we can just move it to late 21 or even 22.  Wondering about another outbreak in the fall also.. ugh.

We're ready to cancel any cruise and lose our deposit if we aren't comfortable with the situation.  

Bottom line - if I have to lose my deposit I will, but if Royal forces me into that position I will never book anything out in advance again.  If and when I decide to cruise again, it will be at the last minute.

• Like 1

Confused!   We booked Oasis yesterday for a 7 night, November 8-15, 2020, but leaves from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale!  
Someone mentioned they are leaving on November 15 from Orlando??

Decided to roll the dice on this one, final payment not due until August, maybe by then we can leave the house!

19 minutes ago, xmasteach said:

Confused!   We booked Oasis yesterday for a 7 night, November 8-15, 2020, but leaves from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale!  
Someone mentioned they are leaving on November 15 from Orlando??

Decided to roll the dice on this one, final payment not due until August, maybe by then we can leave the house!

The oasis leaves out of port Everglades on 11/15.

I think they were talking about the Harmony which leaves from Port Canaveral.