NCL BOGO

koalas2

21 hours ago, pghflyer said:

I went all the way to the last page and decided to hold off as the T&Cs are for Asia.....and really more because once I factor in having to buy all my drinks at full price and a couple of nights of specialty dining at regular price and lose my travel agent provided OBC ($260) by booking direct.....it ends up only being about $10 per night cheaper for me (BA balcony) than what they have offered recently. I still think better deals are coming for those of us who like the free at sea drinks and dining. 

Either way, thanks for sharing it is a nice find and is the best deal going now for those who want to book today and don't care about free at sea stuff.

Can’t you book thru NCL directly and then transfer the reservation to your TA to get the OBC from them?  You’d still miss out on the Free at Sea offers, but the combined lower cost and TA OBC may make it worthwhile.

well, i read this last last night and the price is accurate full fare and 1/2 off the other. i put a courtesy hold on the cabin to save the price. i already have a reservation, but this price was almost $3000 cheaper for the same cabin.  1st thing this morning i called my cruise consultant to change the reservation. After checking she advised the following; This promotion was actually directed to the Indian market, and although i could book this fair, it was not combinable with any other offers. consequently, no drinks package, no meal package, no shore excursions , no wifi and no obc.  

so if you add the costs of the extra goodies there are no real savings unless you dont care about the add-ons. if you dont care its actually a good deal.if you want the extras no so much.

to quote the bible "what ncl giveth, ncl taketh away"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

well, i read this last last night and the price is accurate full fare and 1/2 off the other. i put a courtesy hold on the cabin to save the price. i already have a reservation, but this price was almost $3000 cheaper for the same cabin.  1st thing this morning i called my cruise consultant to change the reservation. After checking she advised the following; This promotion was actually directed to the Indian market, and although i could book this fair, it was not combinable with any other offers. consequently, no drinks package, no meal package, no shore excursions , no wifi and no obc.  

so if you add the costs of the extra goodies there are no real savings unless you dont care about the add-ons. if you dont care its actually a good deal.if you want the extras no so much.

to quote the bible "what ncl giveth, ncl taketh away"

Since you claim a $3000 savings-   there is no way any of the perks are of this value to me.    

What cruise were you already booked on and how many days?

I'm curious if a version of this may appear on the US site when the existing deal "expires".  If I book the current US deal for Jewel 10 nights in NZ Jan 03, 2021:

BA (cabin selection and includes all the free at sea stuff) = $4,230.66 ($432 per night)

BX (no cabin choice or free at sea but $50 per port shore) = $3,015.06 (discount of $1,215 or $121.50 per night)

If using the BOGOHO deal.....same cruise....

BA (cabin selection but no free at sea or any perks at all) = $2,725.56 (discount of $1,505 or $150.50 per night)

So if you think these rates are good......definitely the cheaper price AND cabin selection using BOGOHO is better than booking BX on the US site.....otherwise, what is $50 per port ship shore excursion, 250 minutes of WIFI, unlimited beverages, and 3 nights of specialty dining worth to you??  Buying the stand alone drink package alone will run you about $238 per night for a cabin of 2 persons.

Edited by pghflyer

3 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Since you claim a $3000 savings-   there is no way any of the perks are of this value to me.    

18 day ncl dawn from rome dec 1 thru dec 19th 2 bedroom suite

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

remember there are 2of us. this incorporates 10 meals ans 18 days of free booze, the wifi and 50 off each shore excursion. 

It’s definitely a great deal for those of us who don’t value the free at sea perks very high.  I just booked my Alaska cruise in a balcony BF category for $2933... no perks, but I was able to pick my room and ensure I’m next to family members’ rooms.  The same cruise in a BX room was $3513, and it would have been $4302 to get full perks in a BF.  That’s a difference of over $1300.  The biggest value for most people is the “free” drink pkg, but I rarely drink.  The most I would have is 2 a day... which costs about the same as those mandatory gratuities do.   Now I just need to find out if my TA will give any OBC if I transfer the reservation....

FWIW, I just realized that even booking the regular BA with Free at Sea on the international link is $300 cheaper ($3,930.66) than the exact same thing on the US site ($4,230.66)......changes the math a little bit

Edited by pghflyer

I looked up my Australia-New Zealand cruise and this fare didn’t include airfare. When I went to my calculator and added what I paid for air and transfers, it really wasn’t a higher savings than my current rate at the current sale going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums