SAPPHIRE NOV 10TH 2020

Pippawhipper1

If you booked with a Princess Planner (PVP) or a TA ask them to shift the payment to the new cruise. My PVP shifted my Majestic cruise out of Hong Kong to a Sky cruise for me so it can be done 

29 minutes ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Hi 

Thinking of changing this till next year does any one know if that is possible without charger

Thanks

Carol

Hi Carol....

We are on the cruise after to New Zealand.... which i do no think will happen....

At the moment there is talks between Australia and New Zealand re tourism between us......

The thing is with the present thinking.... if the Sapphire does come to Australia to do the planed cruises......  it could be reduced number on the Ship and with the government's anti-cruise thinking... still could be no flights from overseas,....

and no cruise ships.......

the other thing it could be only either Australians or New Zealanders  allowed on the ship....

this is a guess on my behalf .... but nobody really knows for.....

We have not made finial payment which is only 60 days before  so will still have a 100 days to see what is happening.....

So I would be seeing if you could change this   with your TA or Princess

Princess are continuing to change and update cancellation policies.

Cheers Don 

1 hour ago, martin jenkins said:

my thinking is when cruising starts again in oz will only be coastal cruises and maybe to nz but for ozzies and kiwi's only with strict testing before on and after the cruise.

and hopefully Princess and all other Carnival Corp ships will have nothing to do with that !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Carol....

We are on the cruise after to New Zealand.... which i do no think will happen....

At the moment there is talks between Australia and New Zealand re tourism between us......

The thing is with the present thinking.... if the Sapphire does come to Australia to do the planed cruises......  it could be reduced number on the Ship and with the government's anti-cruise thinking... still could be no flights from overseas,....

and no cruise ships.......

the other thing it could be only either Australians or New Zealanders  allowed on the ship....

this is a guess on my behalf .... but nobody really knows for.....

We have not made finial payment which is only 60 days before  so will still have a 100 days to see what is happening.....

So I would be seeing if you could change this   with your TA or Princess

Princess are continuing to change and update cancellation policies.

Cheers Don 

Thanks x

• Thanks 1

I doubt that either NZ or Australia will be open for cruising for anyone except citizens or residents of those countries. Though I can't see cruising happening in this region in 2020. And certainly not until their is some clear answers about what really happened on the Ruby Princess. 

We can't even get out of lock down out of our state at the moment.

Australia hasn't gone through its winter months yet. 

The reality is most of the cruisers on these Aus cruises are from down under and the cruises are often sold out in the US/UK market, long before the ship is actually full, its apparent Princess would much prefer local cruisers.

This year with the Sapphire entering the picture in March, with more cabin availability and  inexpensive cruises, that have never been offered before,  I quickly booked a cruise, leaving Sept 19. It is not on the cancel list yet, but I am not holding my breath.

In Sept/Oct 2018 we enjoyed  Queensland  and Circumnavigation cruises on the Sea Princess and after our return I immediately  booked another circumnavigation in Feb, 2021. It had been sold out until recently. A few weeks ago, the Pacific Princess showed some availability on a Solomon island cruise leaving out of Sydney in April 2021, so I grabbed a cabin.

From what I have read about the Australian situation, I certainly can understand why the Australian Gov. wants to be careful about who comes into the country. I read that the new push is to promote tourism within the country.

If any Australians are still reading, do you agree with some other articles I have read that say the wild fires  kept tourists out which in turn might have helped with less spread of the virus?

Looking forward to turn to Australia someday....L🙃ri

Edited by land lover

On 5/5/2020 at 12:08 AM, Pippawhipper1 said:

Hi 

Thinking of changing this till next year does any one know if that is possible without charger

Thanks

Carol

Carol...u would have to talk to your TA....here in the states it can be changed easily with no charge, don't know what the rules are for UK bookings...

Hi, We were booked on this cruise.  We used FCDs to book.  We cancelled a week ago because of the uncertainty of it all.  The FCDs go back into our account.  No cancellation fee this far out, but cancellation fees kick in in the next couple of days, I understand.  We will book something else when there is a vaccine!

Cheers,

Lesley

10 hours ago, matilda said:

Hi, We were booked on this cruise.  We used FCDs to book.  We cancelled a week ago because of the uncertainty of it all.  The FCDs go back into our account.  No cancellation fee this far out, but cancellation fees kick in in the next couple of days, I understand.  We will book something else when there is a vaccine!

Cheers,

Lesley

Our B2B2B is totally booked via FCD. At this point I wish Princess would just go ahead and admit the cruises won't happen. We are 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain they won't happen. I would imagine Princess is about that confident as well.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Our B2B2B is totally booked via FCD. At this point I wish Princess would just go ahead and admit the cruises won't happen. We are 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain they won't happen. I would imagine Princess is about that confident as well.

Well, most people on our cruises will be from Australia/NZ......So why should Princess cancel them? If Australia Princess can get it together and the government says okay, it could be a possibility, for AU or AU&NZ citizens.

In reality our cruises would not have happened if the virus had not presented itself. So there has always been a question about sailing....

You had the FCD and used them..... would have you put the "real" deposit down if you did not have available FCD?

I paid with FCD as well. My situation is different as my final payment for my Sept 19 cruise was changed to 60 days before. But, I would have never paid 800 bucks to secure my booking..I would have waited to book after final payment.

Me thinks Princess wants anyone who is not AU or NZ to cancel as they can easily fill up the ships with locals, especially at the discounted prices I saw and ones they could potentially offer....I guess time will tell...

Edited by land lover

4 minutes ago, land lover said:

You had the FCD and used them..... would have you put the "real" deposit down if you did not have available FCD?

I paid with FCD as well. My situation is different as my final payment for my Sept 19 cruise was changed to 60 days before.

Me thinks Princess wants anyone who is not AU or NZ to cancel as they can easily fill up the ships with locals, especially at the discounted prices I saw and ones they could potentially offer....I guess time will tell...

I always have FCD. 😁 We booked these three cruises as well as the two cruises next May using FCD and still have one each "in reserve" We would have purchased more on these cruises.

That is an interesting insight regarding the passenger mix. Perhaps Princess actually will sail the cruises and just wants us to cancel. I would hate to "brave" the airlines, get to Australia, and then be held in quarantine for 14 days while the cruise went on without us. Even if not quarantined I wonder if the ports would let us foreigners disembark. We do love sea days but 33 straight might be a bit much.

19 minutes ago, land lover said:

If Australia Princess can get it together and the government says okay, it could be a possibility, for AU or AU&NZ citizens.

what ships does "Australia Princess" own ? - certainly not Ruby Princess ...

so, what ships ???

I think that the Sea Princess is/was using Aus dollars all year. So I would consider it an Australian ship.

Some would think that the Sun Princess was one of the Australian ships but it has been doing the winter season away from Australia so I would no longer classify it as Australian.

There is no such thing as "Australian Princess" unlike P&O Australia....

Main ships were the Golden and Majestic ( plus others ) .....and now the Sapphire to replace the Golden.....which is due August 2020

Basically they were using the off season ships from Asia and Alaska to offer cruises in Australia ...

If something goes ahead good if it does not fine......

Looking at it Australia would be a good starting point of the cruise line..... plenty of coast line so lots of sea days and it is all one country..... so logically it would be easy to do out and back cruises in Australia than other parts of the world...

Please note the above is the rambling of some old bloke whom is stuck in an apartment and want to go on  a holiday.... even a drive would be nice....

Cheers Don 

Edited by getting older slowly
fingers to big for key board
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

Please note the above is the rambling of some old bloke whom is stuck in an apartment and want to go on  a holiday.... even a drive would be nice....

Cheers Don 

That drive should be happening soon Don. Maybe a week after NSW allows it though.

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

There is no such thing as "Australian Princess" unlike P&O Australia....

Main ships were the Golden and Majestic ( plus others ) .....and now the Sapphire to replace the Golden.....which is due August 2020

Basically they were using the off season ships from Asia and Alaska to offer cruises in Australia ...

If something goes ahead good if it does not fine......

Looking at it Australia would be a good starting point of the cruise line..... plenty of coast line so lots of sea days and it is all one country..... so logically it would be easy to do out and back cruises in Australia than other parts of the world...

Cheers Don 

Tough crowd....lol

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I think that the Sea Princess is/was using Aus dollars all year. So I would consider it an Australian ship.

Some would think that the Sun Princess was one of the Australian ships but it has been doing the winter season away from Australia so I would no longer classify it as Australian.

let Aus and NZ form their own cruise lines and buy their own cruise ships … then quit bashing Princess !!

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

let Aus and NZ form their own cruise lines and buy their own cruise ships … then quit bashing Princess !!

OOOOOHHHH.......Clive Palmer could buys a couple of cruise ships

and hopefully not paint them yellow and green....

And one would not bash Princess..... I do not think anybody it this post was doing any bashing......   well maybe against the wall.... after hearing    we are all it this together LOL or we are all in the same boat.... bigger LOL.........

time for the second morning cuppa

Don