noisy Deck 9 Aquaclass cabins M-Class ships

VitaminSea53

I am looking to book Aquaclass cabins on Deck 9 of revolutionized Constellation. The spreadsheet lists some issues with noise from above. There are contradictory reports about the same cabin in some cases.  Does anyone have suggestions?  Does the revolutionizing affect the noise issues?

If there is a thread that has already addressed this, please share.   I have a hard time with the search feature. 

Constellation has not been revolutionized yet.  It would have been done this spring, but then the virus thing happened.  Unlikely it will happen at all in the near future.  We have been in these cabins and were not bothered by the noise of the pool deck above.  However, some people are, so it depends on how sensitive you are to noise. Connie is a nice ship, so I think you will enjoy it even without her being upgraded.

33 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Constellation has not been revolutionized yet.  It would have been done this spring, but then the virus thing happened.  Unlikely it will happen at all in the near future.  We have been in these cabins and were not bothered by the noise of the pool deck above.  However, some people are, so it depends on how sensitive you are to noise. Connie is a nice ship, so I think you will enjoy it even without her being upgraded.

I realize that there is still the BIG question of whether Constellation will be revolutionized. Celebrity reps promise “it will be revolutionized by 2021” but they can say what they want, it doesn’t make it true. 
I would only sail on her if the updates were done.  So, I am wondering if the Revolution changes what is above on deck 10- hence changing the potential noise issues. For that matter, is it better to be more forward under the pool deck or more aft under the OVC?

Unlikely anything would change the deck plan.  Take a look at Summit and Millennium which have been upgraded.  Your choice....pool noise in the morning or buffet noise.  Deck 9 is a not the best deck.  I like the overhang on the balcony to provide shade.  Don’t hold your breath waiting for an upgrade of this ship.  I would choose a different ship if the revolutionizing is important to you.

Unless your cruise is in late 2021 if the upgrade is the deciding factor then you should probably choose another ship.  The revolutionizing has been delayed and there hasn’t  been any announcement of when or if the schedule will restart. 

The latest business update from RCC Ltd says that some ships will be transitioned to cold lay as a part of a plan to reduce operating expenses.  IMO It is unlikely that any monies will be spent on revolutionizing  of the ships  until cruising resumes at or near the pre CV19 level.

Thanks for the input.  My cruise is September 2021 and there are no other options right now for the Port of Venice to the Greek Isles in the Fall.  I am just doing my homework on cabin locations for Aquaclass.  I like the extended overhang on the balcony since I am a shade lover.  I don’t sleep late but do go to bed “early” 10PMish. I would not want noise above me as I try to go to sleep.  Does the pool deck have nighttime activities with music sometimes?  I would assume the OVC would be quiet. 
Just dreaming of cruising .......someday.......when this is all behind us!

I think the discrepancies are driven by a number of factors.  For example, if you are on a warm weather cruise there will likely be a few deck parties that can be noisy if you are in cabins underneath where the bands play (been there!).  You could be in that same room on a cold weather cruise and there would be no deck parties and therefore no noise from that.  That same warm versus cold weather thing can affect whether there are staff moving deck chairs around at six in the morning.  I think also it really depends on what someone considers 'noisy'.  Some people need a room to be very, very quiet before they can sleep.  Some can tolerate low levels of noise and it doesn't bother them at all so they don't even notice it.  It can also vary by how the staff on that particular sailing handles things.  For example, some may be noisily moving deck chairs around at 6 am with no regard that there may be still people sleeping, while on other cruises you may find that the staff takes care to try to move the chairs quietly.  

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

Deck 9 is better than AQ on deck 11  Yes. Some deck 9 cabins under the pool can be noises. Try to avoid those. Look at deck plans.  Sailed in AQ on deck 11. Not a good location. Above the buffet. Often we could smell food when waiting for the elevators. Not so much in the cabin. Deck 11 cabins have no shade on verandas and verandas are very small. Would never pick deck 11 ever.  AQ has Blu. It is nice.   Not much else that interested me. Not worth paying extra. Prefer cabins on lower decks.  Concierge deck 8 is better than anything on higher decks. Just my opinion.