Suite/Retreat Benefits for Linked Reservations?

garyl62

I've done some searching and can't find any details on the board, or in general, but I know I've read about a limited number of opportunities available to suite guests to purchase an upgraded package for non-suite guests with a linked reservation.  It was a very limited number (I remember 12 total per cruise for some reason), and I believe only offered to PH or RS travelers, but if I recall correctly it would allow those guests to pay a daily rate and have non-suite guests with a linked reservation partake in Michaels and Luminae.   I know about the "when space is available" dining in Luminae and that is not what I'm thinking of, this was something like pay $100 (or some rate) per day per person and they can go anywhere/anytime just like a suite guest can go.  Is my memory failing, or does someone have some details about something like this?

Your memory is not failing.  There is, or was, such a program and you have the basic details right.  I'm not sure what the cost per day is but it has to be purchased for the whole cruise, offered to the highest level suites and then move down the suite categories until the maximum number is reached.  The last discussion was probably early this year. 

Gary, What I have heard of was started on the Edge. Check out sky suite 10170 with 10168. It was my understanding that you have to book the cabins together with the same credit card. I think they have what is call Family Suites. I thought you can also do this on the S Class ships that have been revolutionized.

You've got it right. PH and RS are offered it first (only offered if they have a linked reservation... so family or friends traveling together). There is no requirement that the linked reservation be paid for by the suite guests. $59 per day, per person... must buy for the entire length of the cruise. The suite guest may pay or the passenger in the linked reservation may pay. This fee/program allows the nonsuite guest to dine in Luminae, enjoy the Retreat Lounge/sundeck, etc. It's very limited and ONLY offered to suite guests IF they have a linked reservation. The program is very new... so new that when I brought it to my travel agent's attention she had never heard of it. When she talked to her X rep the rep wanted to know how she had "found out about it" because it hadn't be released to TAs yet. 

Whether this will still be an option once the ships start sailing again, who knows. The shore side concierge will call you to offer it IF you meet the criteria. That's what we were told. We jumped the gun by calling them first. LOL

Here is a thread from earlier in the year.  I think it was introduced last fall.  Based on availability and limited capacity, supposedly.  Captain's Club might be able to give you more info, especially if you're staying in a top suite.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, and especially bEwAbG for finding the thread.  

We are in a PH on the Summit next March and I'm hoping we can get some friends to book the same trip, but I would be shocked if they booked a suite so this may be a good way to still enjoy all the areas of the ship with them.  Unfortunately they're unlikely to do anything with all the uncertainty going on now.

Interestingly, I just did a fare comparision and a Sky Suite is $675 PP more than a C3 cabin with 4 perks.  This program would eat up $413 which would put the difference at just $262PP.  For that I'd probably go for the SS with the extra room and extra general attention you get being in a suite.  Of course a Veranda or OV would be a larger price difference and might be "worth" it then.

Thanks again everyone, hoping we can get someone to join us so we can have some company on that huge balcony!

Edited by garyl62