Radiance dry dock cancelled

didugger

54 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

The Panorama is a west coast ship... They aren’t using any of their west coast ships in August. If they used a west coast ship for Aug. sailings in the Caribbean from Florida or Texas. They would not be able to reposition the ships in time to resume on the west coast. 

Read the article and you see you’re incorrect. But you won’t read it because it would mean you were wrong.

Not only did I read the article, I understood it and you are wrong. Ergo you and your 37 posts are just trying to goad me into something. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not only did I read the article, I understood it and you are wrong. Ergo you and your 37 posts are just trying to goad me into something. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Might not have as many posts. However I can read and interpret just fine. I’ll go with the knowledge of a major cruise lines CFO over a “CC Vet”. 

For you ignorance is bliss.

2 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

Might not have as many posts. However I can read and interpret just fine. I’ll go with the knowledge of a major cruise lines CFO over a “CC Vet”. 

For you ignorance is bliss.

Your continued attempts at insults proves you lost and know it.

Royal and Carnival have two different business models - Royal is well known as shopping mall of the seas. They want the ship to be the destination and keep passengers and their money hostage.  Royal up debt building enormous ships while Carnival built more reasonable sized ships and transforming older ships into new ships on an existing hull.

As stated, this is the Carnival board, and Royal and their issues are irrelevant. When, not if, there is an outbreak of Covid-19 again on a cruise ship, the more people, the merrier, when it comes to transmission and infections.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Royal and Carnival have two different business models - Royal is well known as shopping mall of the seas. They want the ship to be the destination and keep passengers and their money hostage.  Royal up debt building enormous ships while Carnival built more reasonable sized ships and transforming older ships into new ships on an existing hull.

As stated, this is the Carnival board, and Royal and their issues are irrelevant. When, not if, there is an outbreak of Covid-19 again on a cruise ship, the more people, the merrier, when it comes to transmission and infections.

A cruise ship is a cruise ship. The newer are bigger and more efficient. That doesn’t change from line to line. 

52 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

A cruise ship is a cruise ship. The newer are bigger and more efficient. That doesn’t change from line to line. 

Newer tend to be bigger, are financed, and need more people to break even.

Newer on one line does not mean bigger or more efficient than a newer ship on a different line. Reread as necessary.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Newer on one line does not mean bigger or more efficient than a newer ship on a different line. Reread as necessary.

There you go making things up again. This is impossible.

3 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

There you go making things up again. This is impossible.

I will leave it as an exercise for you to educate yourself, as I am not making things up and it certain is possible.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5359/

All the information you need is in the article. 

Again, I’ll go by the word of an industry CFO over  CC poster who refuses to accept facts. 

What you say directly contradicts what the article says. Yet you keep doing it. Please show me anything that supports what you are saying.

55 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5359/

All the information you need is in the article. 

Again, I’ll go by the word of an industry CFO over  CC poster who refuses to accept facts. 

What you say directly contradicts what the article says. Yet you keep doing it. Please show me anything that supports what you are saying.

You have the right to remain a broken, incorrect record. Reminds me of a certain voting class. It's not my job to educate you.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

You have the right to remain a broken, incorrect record. Reminds me of a certain voting class. It's not my job to educate you.

Haha I did by finding the information I provided.

You’re just choosing to ignore it.

Ignoring facts. That sounds like another voting class I know of.

• Like 1

Just now, slavens_09 said:

Haha I did by finding the information I provided.

You’re just choosing to ignore it.

Ignoring facts. That sounds like another voting class I know of.

I'm not ignoring anything except you. You're boring.

4 hours ago, slavens_09 said:

If that were true a Fiat 500 would be the same as a Ferrari, after all they are both Italian!

19 minutes ago, Moviela said:

If that were true a Fiat 500 would be the same as a Ferrari, after all they are both Italian!

A car is a car. The ones from the 1990’s are less efficient than the ones today. Nice try though.

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

A Fiat 500 is certainly more efficient than a Ferrari. And an LNG fueled Fiat would run circles around a Ferrari filled with bunker c oil.

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A Fiat 500 is certainly more efficient than a Ferrari. And an LNG fueled Fiat would run circles around a Ferrari filled with bunker c oil.

So in this analogy is the Fiat 500 the newer ships and the Ferrari the older ships?

If so I think we finally agree.

Almost two pages spent arguing about an article that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the Radiance refurbishment will happen. To include a cheap shot at someone's post count, bringing people's voting habits into play, and two Italian automobiles. 🤔 Look at the bright side...at least it's not about COVID-19. Here's the CC we all know & love.

As it stands right now, Carnival still has bookings available for the Radiance, starting as early as Nov. of this year. Would they continue to take bookings for it if they plan to scrap the refurbishment, even if only temporarily?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Almost two pages spent arguing about an article that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the Radiance refurbishment will happen. To include a cheap shot at someone's post count, bringing people's voting habits into play, and two Italian automobiles. 🤔 Look at the bright side...at least it's not about COVID-19. Here's the CC we all know & love.

As it stands right now, Carnival still has bookings available for the Radiance, starting as early as Nov. of this year. Would they continue to take bookings for it if they plan to scrap the refurbishment, even if only temporarily?

IMHO. Yes they will continue to take bookings until they know for sure. They won’t be able to deliver the ship.

That is what they have done so far.

I have a Valor cruise out of NOLA in Nov. Is it scheduled yes. Do I know it will happen? No. I have had 5 cruises that were on the schedule canceled so far.

Holy Sheet.  I had to go back to the top and make sure this thread wasn't the topic of "I ALWAYS WEAR BLUEJEANS AND A POCKET T-SHIRT ON FORMAL NIGHTS!"  WOW!  Or "Are they really removing our butter from the dining room?".  So much non contributing posts on such a simple topic.  It must be all the pent up frustration of being quarantined for 2 months with no real interaction available other than one's spouse, significant other, kids, etc. that is coming to a head.  LOL 

Hey, a friend of mine told me that he looked at the other end of the couch the other night and wondered...WHO IS THAT WOMEN?  He said she didn't look too bad and he just might try to strike up a conversation.  Time will tell.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:00 AM, Organized Chaos said:

I too am wondering if carnival is taking money for radiance they know wouldnt be finished on time.

As far as the argument, lol, I read thru the whole page and not a clue what they are arguing about, but claiming it has something to do with someone's voting record is not only a cheap shot, but it clearly says leave politics at home. Should be removed. 

We are booked on the Radiance for Feb. 2021. If they choose not to refurbish, do you think we will get our money back or at least get to apply it to another booking if they just want to sail it as the old ship? I'm not sure the contract covers that cause its a ton of pages - and let's be real - I have never read it in that much detail. I just don't want to sail on the old ship without the update.

3 hours ago, hkbragg said:

We are booked on the Radiance for Feb. 2021. If they choose not to refurbish, do you think we will get our money back or at least get to apply it to another booking if they just want to sail it as the old ship? I'm not sure the contract covers that cause its a ton of pages - and let's be real - I have never read it in that much detail. I just don't want to sail on the old ship without the update.

IF it was capable to continue sailing as the Victory, I would think they'd have to compensate Radiance bookings somehow because people are paying to sail on the Radiance, not the Victory. But I don't think that will be possible because a lot of people have said they started tearing parts of the ship apart while it was in route from the U.S. to the shipyard. If that's true, then it looks like they're committed to the refurbishment.