Carnival Miracle Cruise missing in October

jbobst

We are booked on the Oct 16th Hawaii cruise on Miracle.  This cruise has gone missing from Carnival's website and online travel sites.  My TA says it's still there but sold out, but I don't recall seeing sold out cruises disappearing off Carnival's website in the past?  I called Carnival directly but the guy had no idea what what was happening with it.   He finally just said the cruise was being "updated" but that was two weeks ago.  Just posting here to see if anyone knows what is going on with this cruise?

All the other 4-5 day cruises on Miracle are still showing in October out of San Diego, except this one.

Carnival advised that several July and August cruises were sold out upon discovery they were removed from the website. Guests received a cancellation email within 2-3 days. During this period, Carnival associates, including the brand ambassador, said they were scheduled to depart as planned.

We don’t know when cruising will actually return but filling these ships and earning the general public’s trust can’t be easy.

Communication from Arnold Donald and Christine Duffy suggest the August 1 date is very uncertain and other Carnival Corporation sailings will not be as early as Carnival Cruise Line. Your Hawaii cruise does not depart from the trial homeports and being a longer cruise, it attracts a different demographic that can experience impacted travel.

Edited by xDisconnections

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival advised that several July and August cruises were sold out upon discovery they were removed from the website. Guests received a cancellation email within 2-3 days. During this period, Carnival associates, including the brand ambassador, said they were scheduled to depart as planned.

We don’t know when cruising will actually return but filling these ships and earning the general public’s trust can’t be easy.

Communication from Arnold Donald and Christine Duffy suggest the August 1 date is very uncertain and other Carnival Corporation sailings will not be as early as Carnival Cruise Line. Your Hawaii cruise does not depart from the trial homeports and being a longer cruise, it attracts a different demographic that can experience impacted travel.

If the cruises are sold out and scheduled to depart as planned, why are guests receiving a cancellation email?  Sounds like you are saying they are cancelled but still scheduled to depart?

The Hawaii cruise leaves from San Diego and all the other San Diego departure cruises in October are still on the website and showing.  Granted, who knows how this will all shake out by October, but just odd that they have removed this cruise.  If it is going to be cancelled, I wish they would tell us now before more plans are made based around this cruise.

19 minutes ago, jbobst said:

If the cruises are sold out and scheduled to depart as planned, why are guests receiving a cancellation email?  Sounds like you are saying they are cancelled but still scheduled to depart?

When questioned, Carnival stated the cruises were not cancelled. Within 2-3 days from that, guests began to receive emails to advise of a change in status. Carnival knew exactly why they were being removed from the website — these decisions aren’t made overnight.

If you’re questioning it, you may want to direct it towards Carnival regarding their poor internal communication and/or deceptive marketing.

Edited by xDisconnections

The mobile 10 day partial panama comes and goes. I was told 50% capacity is all that is allowed. Dream first cruise shows on a site as 209 pp, sold out., must have hit 50%. Carnival had them as low as 129, wish I'd grabbed one at 129 pp. 

Prices sure up since they started cutting off at 50%