Tender ports

negn

Belize City has always been a tender port. Perhaps you stopped at Harvest Caye in the past? Harvest Caye can berth one ship so if you are the second ship you could tender here also. 

Roatan has two cruise ship docks, Mahogany Bay has berths for two ships and is owned/controlled by Carnival. Coxen Hole added a second pier last January so it can berth two ships also. If NCL calls on Coxen hole when. two other ships are there, you tender. This seems to me to be possible but very unusual. 

Cozumel has three cruise ship piers that can handle between them 8 large cruise ships. If your ship is number 9 then you tender. This does happen but again very rarely.

Hopefully you will not have to tender in either Roatan or Cozumel but it is possible.

Just checked my Oct cruise and found Belize, Cozumel and Roatan were tender ports.   Been to them all previously and never tendered.  Anyone know what gives ?

We tendered in Roatan. A crew member told me it all depends on schedule. Not a big deal. We went to harvest caye (not actual Belize) and did not tender. First time to Cozumel we docked. Second time (different port) we tendered, but, while there a ship left so we docked in her place (I think this is unusual, but, seas were rough and tender was dangerous). In February we were supposed to tender in St. Lucia, but, we ended up docking, so I guess you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it possible that some of the itineraries have changed due to the hurricane last year?  Are there more cruise ships doing western Carib than eastern which could lead to more backup in the western?

Harvest Caye's pier structure (part of it only) was damaged recently (pre-Covid 19) and not sure if it has been repaired, fully restored. 

There are enough facilities on the private island for more than 1 ship to visit, if they wanted to, if .... and perhaps, NCL might rather to have that option & disclose it upfront.  Otherwise, we will be reading about all the moaning here on CC downstream, LOL. 

4 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

The repairs on the pier at Harvest Caye were completed late last year. When we were there in January on the Breakaway we docked. An Oceania ship called the same day and they tendered directly to the ferry pier on Harvest Caye.

At the end of January 2020, the Escape damaged the Harvest Caye dock and I think it was inoperative until the COVID shutdown (ships had to tender).