Gift Card Bonus

FlaMariner

So the HAL gift cards with the 20% bonus are set to expire today.....from their website..."ends June 30"

Anyone got any intel if they are going to continue?  

We'd like to roll the dice and toss some money on one for next years cruise but not in a hurry if it's going to keep rolling on.......a 20% return on my $$$ is enticing....and yes, it comes with risk.

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I'm going to gamble with $1500.

Recall under the T+Cs of the programme, the bonus caps at 1000$ / 200$. In order to 'game' the promotion, you would need two unique transactions, 1000$ + 500$ to yield 300$.     Scott.  

source: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/gift-card-terms-and-conditions.html#:~:text=Limited-Time Promotional Gift Card,"bonus") gift card.

Limited-Time Promotional Gift Card Offer
Order $500 in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $100 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Order $1,000 or more in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $200 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Offer is applicable to orders placed from 3/26/2020 6:00AM PDT to 6/30/2020 11:59PM PDT, while supplies last. Holland America Line reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time. All gift card purchases and bonus gift cards will be denominated in USD. The Promotional gift card will be delivered to the recipient as a digital gift card only. No promo code is needed and Promotional gift card will be automatically applied to the qualifying transaction. Promotional gift card expires on 12/31/2021. Gift cards may be used for purchases on board Holland America Line vessels or applied as payment to a Holland America Line cruise booking which is made in US Dollars. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Purchases made on bonus gift cards are non-refundable after 12/31/2021. Bonus gift cards are non-transferrable after 12/31/2021. Holland America Line does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete gift card terms and conditions below. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time.

5 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

So the HAL gift cards with the 20% bonus are set to expire today.....from their website..."ends June 30"

Anyone got any intel if they are going to continue?  

We'd like to roll the dice and toss some money on one for next years cruise but not in a hurry if it's going to keep rolling on.......a 20% return on my $$$ is enticing....and yes, it comes with risk.

I don't have any intel on whether HAL will continue the promotion but my guess is yes based on some other recent extensions:

- "Save now, Cruise Later, Have it All Sale" promotion's expiration was just extended from June 30th to September 30th.

- Cruise With Confidence (can cancel for any reason up to 30 days of cruise start and receive FCC) was extended from October 31, 2020 to Dec 31 2021.  Need to book by August 31 2020--I think that used to be by July 31st.

Also consider that HAL needs cash NOW to cover costs during shutdown.  You are basically floating HAL a $500 loan at 20% one-time interest for each $500 gift card purchased (limit of 2 per transaction as noted in another post).

Oh, also notice about two weeks ago that they quietly dropped the cost for a 3rd person in a cabin to $0!.  We're considering pulling the trigger on a Dec 13th 10-day on Nieuw Statendam and this change lowered the cost by about $500.

5 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Recall under the T+Cs of the programme, the bonus caps at 1000$ / 200$. In order to 'game' the promotion, you would need two unique transactions, 1000$ + 500$ to yield 300$.     Scott.  

source: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/gift-card-terms-and-conditions.html#:~:text=Limited-Time Promotional Gift Card,"bonus") gift card.

Limited-Time Promotional Gift Card Offer
Order $500 in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $100 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Order $1,000 or more in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $200 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Offer is applicable to orders placed from 3/26/2020 6:00AM PDT to 6/30/2020 11:59PM PDT, while supplies last. Holland America Line reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time. All gift card purchases and bonus gift cards will be denominated in USD. The Promotional gift card will be delivered to the recipient as a digital gift card only. No promo code is needed and Promotional gift card will be automatically applied to the qualifying transaction. Promotional gift card expires on 12/31/2021. Gift cards may be used for purchases on board Holland America Line vessels or applied as payment to a Holland America Line cruise booking which is made in US Dollars. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Purchases made on bonus gift cards are non-refundable after 12/31/2021. Bonus gift cards are non-transferrable after 12/31/2021. Holland America Line does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete gift card terms and conditions below. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time.

Yes, thank you. I did it in two separate transactions.

• Like 1

Looks like the gift card offer has been moved...if you click "see all offers" it's still there (as of 9am ET 7/1) with an expiration date of yesterday (June 30).

Perhaps they have not gotten around to updating the offer ends date?  We shall see.  

• 2 weeks later...

FYI if anyone was wondering , I just took advantage of the Early payment offer , 10% off cruise price ( not taxes or port fees ) plus $250 in OBC. BUT I HAD TO ASK FOR THE OFFER , it was not automatic like the gift card credit was ,