Booking a Spa balcony/room-COVID thoughts

I currently have a spa balcony booked on the Mardi Gras for Aug 2021. We have previously had a spa balcony on the Vista a few years ago and we absolutely enjoyed all of the amenities, so much so, I decided to upgrade to another one on the Mardi Gras. Fast forward to my over thinking with all of the COVID hub bub, I am now having second thoughts about the spa....uggggg.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that by the time this cruise happens, and hoping it does, there will be some sort of vaccine and/or special procedures in place for the spa areas.

I know that I can easily just make a room change, but was wondering what others that like to book the spa rooms think and if you are continuing to book the spa rooms or not.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm def. booking Balcony rooms after all this mess. At least you can get fresh air if everything goes crazy again! My last few cruises have been Spa interior or Spa Balcony rooms. 

• Like 1

I believe that most of the lines which have plans in place to start cruising soon (think there are some river cruise companies) closed the spa. I wouldn't change your room yet, but just keep in mind that that is a possibility if there is no vaccine. 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, sanger727 said:

I believe that most of the lines which have plans in place to start cruising soon (think there are some river cruise companies) closed the spa. I wouldn't change your room yet, but just keep in mind that that is a possibility if there is no vaccine. 

How will a vaccine make a difference? No vaccine currently in development is going to eliminate the possibility of someone getting COVID-19, just like the flu vaccine does not eliminate the possibility of getting the flu. Most of what I have read and heard concerning vaccines discusses an efficacy rate around 50%. Obviously a vaccine will help, but it’s not going to eliminate the current issues associated with this virus. 

32 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How will a vaccine make a difference? No vaccine currently in development is going to eliminate the possibility of someone getting COVID-19, just like the flu vaccine does not eliminate the possibility of getting the flu. Most of what I have read and heard concerning vaccines discusses an efficacy rate around 50%. Obviously a vaccine will help, but it’s not going to eliminate the current issues associated with this virus. 

There are vaccines that are much more effective than 50% out there. Small pox was eliminated due to vaccinations. The flu is an influenza virus while COVID is a coronavirus so not sure that it’s logical to assume that because flu vaccines have a lower effectiveness that a Covid vaccine is destined to have a lower effectiveness. To my knowledge no drug company with a vaccine in development has completely a large Scale human Effectiveness trial yet so whether the vaccine will be effective is pure speculation. I’m not willing to assume that it won’t make a significant difference at this point.

I am really praying that a vaccine is not being "rushed" to satisfy corporate greed. Most effective medicines take a minimum of 18 months to get to market. Hopefully Carnival is making plans with a vaccine and without? I would still prefer to save some cash and book my usual inside cabin; hoping not to have to concern myself with the "fresh air" factor.    

• Like 1