Single supplement cruise fare - reduction from 200% to 150%

I have over 340 cruise points, so should have the following member benefit:

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points

However, I just booked a cruise via RCI phone reservation, and they charged me the single supplement was 200%. I was clearly not getting through to the person that the single supplement should be reduced to 150%, so I called back to ask someone else. That person told me the single supplement was not available on that cruise (Oasis at the end of Oct). 

I was not aware that the single supplement benefit was only available for certain cruises. Does anyone have any other info on this? Have others struggled to receive this benefit from Royal?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alane10 said:

I have over 340 cruise points, so should have the following member benefit:

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points

However, I just booked a cruise via RCI phone reservation, and they charged me the single supplement was 200%. I was clearly not getting through to the person that the single supplement should be reduced to 150%, so I called back to ask someone else. That person told me the single supplement was not available on that cruise (Oasis at the end of Oct). 

I was not aware that the single supplement benefit was only available for certain cruises. Does anyone have any other info on this? Have others struggled to receive this benefit from Royal?

It only excludes, summer and holiday cruises

Call the C&A number and press 9 to book.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It only excludes, summer and holiday cruises

Call the C&A number and press 9 to book.

Thanks. It’s the end of October, so definitely not a holiday. I booked it through #9 on C&A but I don’t think the guy understood what I was saying, so will try again through there. 

I've had my single supplement denied when they said the current sale on the 2nd person made it like a 150% supplement. So if the promo says 2nd person half off, you won't get your single supplement because half off already gave it to you.

• Thanks 1

To be more specific:

The forbidden dates are all of July, all of August, any cruise that includes Christmas and any cruise that includes New Year's Eve.

🙂 

The promotional percentages have nothing to do with getting the 340 point (+) solo pricing.

• Thanks 1

Also keep in mind some guarantee rates require two guests so it can seem like DP340 is broken but it's just that guarantees often (but not always) exclude solo with or without DP340.

Having said I've often had to explain the concept of DP340 when I shouldn't have had to.  If the price drops makes sure to mention it again and again as you work through that process.  

In the past half of bookings were new to cruise and of the other half very few relatively speaking are solo DP340 so it's not always an everyday thing for newer agents.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1