Christmas decor

RobinCruiser

They usually have decorations up right after Thanksgiving. Not sure if you're sailing with children or grandchildren but we sailed with our grandson the first week of December and there were decorations, a Santa and a kids club children's holiday show where the kids sang Christmas songs. We loved it!

• Like 2

I've never been on a Carnival winter cruise, but on a Princess cruise that sailed the Friday after Thanksgiving, there was a huge tree in the atrium, some Christmas activities (I didn't partake, but I know they existed) and even a complimentary champagne toast and  "countdown" on the second formal night, that fed into a faux New Year's party.  It was really lovely.  Carnival is a sister company and always looking for a good excuse to party, so imagine they'd celebrate Christmas all December.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Just booked the Panorama for December 4th, 2021. I'm curious if they will have it decorated for Christmas? I've never been on a holiday season cruise. 

Robin

It’ll be decorated. They’ll have a Christmas show. They’ll have a Christmas carol night in the atrium. They’ll have activities on a sea day like making Christmas cards or ornaments. Santa will be there. The grinch will be there. It’s definitely different than any other cruise. If it’s not canceled this will be my third straight December cruise.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FLcruzer123 said:

A follow on to the original question...how long do they leave the decorations up?  We have a cruise planned for Dec 26, 2021 and are wondering if the decorations will still be up?

I'm guessing they haven't thought much about this for this year.  But, here is last year's schedule information.  Looks like they were taken down right after Christmas.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-announces-2019-holiday-ship-decorating-schedule/

I was a New Years cruise earlier this  year (so at least it came in good) on the Legend. The Christmas decorations stayed up our whole cruise. They were taken down the last night (overnight).  I would think all ships are the same, so your after Christmas/New Years cruise will have all decorations up plus welcome on board Champagne and a special New Years Eve deck party with more free Champagne.