So what do folks really wear to dinner in the dining rooms?

njpln

On 8/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, Paulchili said:

Not familiar with the Spooner collection but some of my favorites are Tori Richard silk ones.

One of the reasons we started cruising on Oceania is b/o country club casual. I NEVER wear a blazer or a tie - I like to dress casually but nicely.

We are normally HAL people but the food and no dress up night have us coming back to Oceania. I will wear a blazer in the specialty restaurants.  

• Like 2

I'm of that certain age that remembers ALL men wearing hats all of the time...until they went inside (or, when a woman entered the space they were in if it was still on). Myself, I only wore a hat briefly when young, and then JFK came along and did something, I think at his inauguration without a hat that completely changed hat wearing (can't remember what it was exactly). The men who wore hats continued, but for us, hats never caught on. BUT, I knew what I guess you would call 'hat etiquette'. The worse of it, to me, is men wearing ball caps in church (and I do understand different religions and cultures have different 'rules').  My DW will tell you she can't count the times I've questioned whether someone or another was raised in a barn. 🤗  I don't know what it is, but people in general seem less courteous these days.  I see it constantly when driving here in SoCal.  I think it's a bad trend for society in general... rant over.

Edited by EasyGoingGuy
clarify

On 8/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, njhorseman said:

If my theory about why they wear baseball  caps is right...they're a disguise to be used in public done at least partially out of fear, then there's no reason to wear them in temple.

And I won't ask...since I'm sitting in my home office in my underwear while typing this...:classic_laugh:

Or perhaps, to hide the lobotomy scar............... wear the hat backwards..... Show  um who is  proud  to be on Thorazine.........