Another Refund Question

st5310

I know... the boards are filled these days with refund questions and answers, but I'd rather not swim thru the thousands of replies to get to the one that is most relevant.  So, here goes.

My next cruise is scheduled for December 18.  On or about September 18 if Royal has not cancelled thru to year's end, I shall owe a balance of $4K.  I have had 4 cancel this year so far, had paid the balances, then received a full refund.  This time I would rather not do that.  Let's say for the sake of this thread that the $500 deposit paid is non-refundable.  Gambling that Royal will cancel thru the end of 2020, if I decide to cancel before Royal does, what is their credit policy on this?  Thank you for your time.

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can get a $500 FCC or pay the $46 and when they cancl (which is pretty likely) you can get a refund of $546 or get a 125% FCC

Pay $46 and get a refund of $546 when they (RCI) cancel.   Can you clarify? 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Pay $46 and get a refund of $546 when they (RCI) cancel.   Can you clarify? 

If Royal cancels their cruise they can get a refund for their NRD instead of a FCC  If Royal doesn't cancel before final payment they will have to pay the $46 still owed on it

Edited by molly361

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If Royal cancels their cruise they can get a refund for their NRD instead of a FCC  If Royal doesn't cancel before final payment they will have to pay the $46 still owed on it

I understand about the cancelling and getting a refund of a NRD deposit if RCI cancels before final. Just didn't see anything about $46 being owed. 

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I understand about the cancelling and getting a refund of a NRD deposit if RCI cancels before final. Just didn't see anything about $46 being owed. 

Oops  Thought they owed $46 not $4k  Never mind  cancel that idea😇  Need stronger glasses

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2