Final Payment Due...Would you Pay or Cancel?

jrapps

6 hours ago, jrapps said:

Tale as old as time....final payment due in a few days for Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have decided we most likely will not go and have decided to cancel.

I either cancel now and get $1000 deposit as FCC (I have so much FCC from other cruises already that I am struggling to use) OR I pay off the cruise and hope/pray/expect that it gets cancelled by Royal and I am eligible for 100% refund instead.

What would you do?

As others have suggested on these refund threads if you have a large balance due try to rebook your cabin for an interior cabin before final payment date.  Then make final payment and get full refund.  I have had 5 cancelled cruises since march and I have received all of my refunds in 2 to 3 weeks.  Alot of cc members have received in 30 days or less from time of request.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jrapps said:

Tale as old as time....final payment due in a few days for Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have decided we most likely will not go and have decided to cancel.

I either cancel now and get $1000 deposit as FCC (I have so much FCC from other cruises already that I am struggling to use) OR I pay off the cruise and hope/pray/expect that it gets cancelled by Royal and I am eligible for 100% refund instead.

What would you do?

We cancelled a Dec. 2020 cruise in March.We got out money back 24 days later .

I'm in the same situation with a Nov 29 sailing. I looked up to see if I could downgrade rooms and that was a joke. The pricing for cheapest rooms for that sailing at this point costs more than what I'm currently booked for balcony rooms. I guess they realized people were downgrading rooms to avoid having to pay a lot on their final balance and jacked the room rates up.

I'm not interested in lifting to a cruise next year and I'm not interested in holding any more FCC than I already have. I just want my money back. I think my only option now is to pay the final balance and request and wait for the refund.

21 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Just paid off our November 29th B2B this morning. If RCCL cancels, will decide what to do at that time. Miracles happen! Cheers!

I played with my FCC. Easier to say that than say I made a final payment. LOL! 
Perhaps I will be playing with it again, but I am enjoying not using a credit card for final payments!😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 2:56 PM, NancyIL said:

If you pay off the cruise and it is cancelled - you can choose to get a refund of all you have paid. You won't be tying up your money for a year...unless RCI is in truly dire financial straits.

If your final payment is large - you might try first changing to a cheaper cabin so your final payment is smaller.

Thank you Nancy.  Here is what i did.  This is for the 12/4/20 9 day sailing on the Explorer.  We originally had a 2D balcony cabin booked and paid for... except for about the final $600.  Final payment was due next Wednesday 8/26.  What my TA did was rebook to an interior 6A cabin, which was about $437.00 less than i've already paid.  So the 6A cabin is now paid in full, no final payment is due.  The $437.00 is getting refunded to my credit card now, and now I can wait to see what Royal does with the sailing before I decide to cancel & get a refund (likely) or take a 125% FCC assuming they offer it.  Either way we will not be taking this year's cruise and have already booked the same cruise for next Dec with a much nicer aft balcony cabin.