18 Day Yukon/ Triple Denali?

Harrylinden

I have done four Yukon cruisetour itineraries.  My first was in 2007 and included a lot of long bus trips connecting small communities in Alaska and the Yukon ( Tok, Chicken, Eagle) but these trips have changed through the years.  They have all been wonderful adventures but there have been many changes probably based on feedback and cost.  The last Yukon trip was in 2017 and was similar to the current itinerary (flying instead of bussing).  We enjoyed the 2017 trip a lot but missed the more educational aspects

We also did this the last year that the bus was used for some of the portions instead of flying. We loved it, especially the long day which took the Top of the World Highway in the Yukon territory. We are so glad we did it that way as we did enjoy the amazing scenery and the strange places mentioned above.

We were told they were stopping the bus portion and flying instead was due to potential fires and breakdowns which hinder the driving portion. Great trip!

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I have done four Yukon cruisetour itineraries.  My first was in 2007 and included a lot of long bus trips connecting small communities in Alaska and the Yukon ( Tok, Chicken, Eagle) but these trips have changed through the years.  They have all been wonderful adventures but there have been many changes probably based on feedback and cost.  The last Yukon trip was in 2017 and was similar to the current itinerary (flying instead of bussing).  We enjoyed the 2017 trip a lot but missed the more educational aspects

There was more to my response but it wasn’t saved.  Technical problems.  My favorite places were Dawson City and Denali.  Take a look at Y3L and Y4L in the HAL brochure.  I really enjoyed the White Pass Railroad between Whitehorse and Skagway which also includes an overland bus trip.  If you want the 7 day cruise you could do the short cruise first, then the land, and add a 7 day cruise from Anchorage back to Vancouver if you have time.   

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.  The HAL brochure has a chart showing the features of each itinerary.

We took Y3L three years ago (our first cruise!), and enjoyed it immensely. The main differences between Y3 and the rest is:

• Bus from Whitehorse to Fraser, BC (?), then White Pass & Yukon train to Skagway)
  • 14 nights (3 in Denali, 2 in Dawson, 2 in Skagway)
  • 4 (or 3, depending on direction)

We picked it not only for its length and time in Denali and Yukon, but because we got to see the country between Whitehorse and Skagway,and ride the train. We did have to fly to Anchorage to start, but the extra little bit on land and slower pace made up for it. 

Good luck, happy travels!