WINDOW SUITES

seniorladycruiser

On 8/24/2020 at 2:10 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Great!  More window suites for me!  Perfectly happy to be quarantined in a WS.

As a 10+ time WS lover who actually WAS quarantined in a WS I don't share your view.  We were allowed out for fresh air only once in 6 days, for 30 minutes, very late afternoon and once out to promenade had to remain out there shivering for the entire allocated time (they didn't want "traffic" in the hallways).  

I've heard some say quarantine didn't seem so bad, trust me, 20 days (6 on ship, 14 at Travis) with even the most basic choices (meals, drinks, etc) removed was no kind of fun.  We go back to Grand in January, WS are available (even now) but we'll have a balcony, as do all of our 7 future sailings.  

I'm not saying we'll never sail in a WS again, but surely not until C19 is a distant memory.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jondfk said:

As a 10+ time WS lover who actually WAS quarantined in a WS I don't share your view.  We were allowed out for fresh air only once in 6 days, for 30 minutes, very late afternoon and once out to promenade had to remain out there shivering for the entire allocated time (they didn't want "traffic" in the hallways).  

I've heard some say quarantine didn't seem so bad, trust me, 20 days (6 on ship, 14 at Travis) with even the most basic choices (meals, drinks, etc) removed was no kind of fun.  We go back to Grand in January, WS are available (even now) but we'll have a balcony, as do all of our 7 future sailings.  

I'm not saying we'll never sail in a WS again, but surely not until C19 is a distant memory.  

I agree.  Loved our time in window suites, but the thought of being stuck in one for days (no matter what the reason), has made me change my mind.  I will never book anything without a balcony again.  We caught some good sales for our upcoming cruises and were fortunately in being able to get suites.  I am looking forward to being able to "pull the curtain" on my husband from time to time (as I am sure so is he).

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Old news? 

Just looked at the dates on page one.

So, moving or not?

The Grand is sailing out of Melbourne for one season.

The year before it was going to be the Sapphire sailing out of Melbourne for our summer season down here.

So the Grand is just relocating down here for a few months.