Norwegian Cruisenext

jaytee4349

10 hours ago, drsel said:

So, on which Facebook groups can you buy a CND at half price?
I will buy them if I find any good deals on Norwegian

Pretty sure we cant call it out here, it really is easy to find if you search facebook.

Does anyone think NCL could/would extend the expiration dates on cruise next certificates?  I have some, and the expiration isn’t until July 2023, so I’m not overly concerned at this point.  Just wondering if they’d extend the dates.  That could potentially help out a lot of people!

1 hour ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Does anyone think NCL could/would extend the expiration dates on cruise next certificates?  I have some, and the expiration isn’t until July 2023, so I’m not overly concerned at this point.  Just wondering if they’d extend the dates.  That could potentially help out a lot of people!

They already are, I extended one of mine to apply it to a 2022 cruise (It expired spring of 2021), you just have to ask.

• Like 2

I have 4 which have expiration dates of Oct. 2023 so I"m not too worried.. I have 3 cruises booked in next few years, latest, at this point, is June, 2022.  That may change, I'm flexible enough to make changes PRN...  pro re nata, which means as needed. 

Ie.. pain meds which are prescribed as needed.  

Edited by All-ready2cruise

On 8/27/2020 at 6:54 AM, drsel said:

CND works out to a discount of $62.50 per person on a 6 night Cruise or longer.

but I think Norwegian prices their Cruises at least $65 more than the competition, so the CND does not have significant benefit.

You should buy it on board if you insist on cruising only with Norwegian.

Buying the certificates onboard is what makes them worthwhile as you get the onboard credit. I've done this many times, they are $250 each, if you buy 1 you get $100 OBC, if you buy 2 you get $250 OBC - which means you if you buy 2 certificates you are basically buying 1 and getting 1 for free.

Edited by Cruz3r4life

2 hours ago, Cruz3r4life said:

Buying the certificates onboard is what makes them worthwhile as you get the onboard credit. I've done this many times, they are $250 each, if you buy 1 you get $100 OBC, if you buy 2 you get $250 OBC - which means you if you buy 2 certificates you are basically buying 1 and getting 1 for free.

What needs to be clear about this is that when you buy the CND's on board your account is actually initially charged for both, then the $250 credit is issued to your account that night or at some point later in the cruise.  As noted - the end result is a BOGO if you get 2, but the OBC doesn't really go towards offsetting other purchases made on board (unless that's how you want to think about it).

If you buy 2 certificates, your account is debited $500 and later on credited $250.

if you don't have any other on board expenses, your dues will be $250 at the end of the cruise for the two certificates.

Hence they cost $125 each, but each certificate gives you a discount of $250 per cabin on your next Cruise.

So the effective net benefit/discount is $125 per cabin which works out to 62.50 per person, twin sharing

On 8/27/2020 at 7:04 AM, drsel said:

Generally they try to sell two certificates for 375 instead of 250.
They have the audacity to announce 25% discount on face value

I've always had a problem with this. I paid $250 for $500 worth of Cruise Next certificates.

If I sell them to you for $250 (my cost) their value to you is $500.

If I sell them to you for $500 their value to you is still $500.

Why would I sell you $500 of certificates for $250? 

I think a more fair solution would be to sell them to you for $375, I make $125 on the sale and you save $150 by having use of the certificates. If you don't buy my certificates, you have to put up $500 for $500 value.

The only reason I can see for selling it at $250 is to be a nice guy. After all I gave NCL my money for the certificate 2 years ago and you waited until now to try to  buy one.

By the way, I have bought over 50 certificates over the years and never sold 1. I've used them all and plan to continue buying and using them in the future. But the idea of selling them at $375 has always intrigued me.

Tony

Try your luck.

I will be very happy for you, if you get more than 125 for each certificate.

I am sure that the certificates would go at a premium if there was no expiry date.

but since it's a depreciating asset and the value tends towards zero in four years, it has to be used or sold as soon as possible.

Just like anything else with an expiry date.