Best Pricing

We are Diamond and hope to start cruising a lot  more once it resumes. I see people taking many cruises each year and I am guessing that many have their favorite way to get a great deal. I am hoping that some of you will share your secrets.

1 minute ago, Bobb1728 said:

I am hoping that some of you will share your secrets.

Like with many other issues, the COVID shutdown may affect any ideas folks have had for deals. Going during low season and doing lots of mock bookings, should still work. Other than the balcony discount, being a D won't make much diff.

When we decide on a date and itinerary we book it. Then I just keep doing mock bookings to see if the price has gone down. When doing your mock bookings, don't forget to put in any special rates (senior, state of residency etc.) you qualify for. 

• Like 2

I have found booking as soon as itinerary opens will offer best prices. Meaning we book 2 years out. You have plenty of time to get any price drops. Including excursions, and packages. You also have plenty of time to pay it off, and make travel arrangements. 

• Like 1

On one hand if the cruise lines have to sail at 1/2 capacity and they have to make adjustments for safety that will cost them more money, as well as redeeming those 125% FCCs which are also a financial liability,  then I feel that the good deals will be far and few between.  On the other hand if they can't even fill the ships at 1/2 capacity then they may have to run fire sales.

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

then I feel that the good deals will be far and few between.  On the other hand if they can't even fill the ships at 1/2 capacity then they may have to run fire sales.

I don't know what "normal" good deals are like on MSC, but prices look pretty cheap to me next month on Grandiosa. Tui seems to be towards the other end in terms of pricing, they seem expensive, though they limit booking to balcony and above only.  That may or may not be the same for RCI when they start sailing.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I don't know what "normal" good deals are like on MSC, but prices look pretty cheap to me next month on Grandiosa. That may or may not be the same for RCI when they start sailing.

I thought I read somewhere here that they were having trouble filling the ship at 1/2 capacity. The U.S. has to get it's ship together before we can even think about discounts. Florida is still recovering and Governors Murphy and Cuomo aren't going to let ships sail before they open indoor dining in NJ and NYC.

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I thought I read somewhere here that they were having trouble filling the ship at 1/2 capacity. The U.S. has to get it's ship together before we can even think about discounts. Florida is still recovering and Governors Murphy and Cuomo aren't going to let ships sail before they open indoor dining in NJ and NYC.

Based on the fact that pa nj and nyc have the virus under control (better than some states)  I think we may see cape liberty and maybe baltimore open up sooner than miami or fll but like you said not sure our governors will want to do that as we want to make sure we keep virus cases down.  

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on the fact that pa nj and nyc have the virus under control (better than some states)  I think we may see cape liberty and maybe baltimore open up sooner than miami or fll but like you said not sure our governors will want to do that as we want to make sure we keep virus cases down.  

They also have to lift the 14 day quarantine for us upon return and from the numerous states who have to quarantine upon arrival to port.