Rebooked for 10 or 24 days on NS???

Jimbo20000

Hi all, anyone have any wisdom in this? We had been booked on a 10-night HAL NS Baltic cruise for June 15, 2021. I just received an email rebooking us to Nieuw Statendam’s 24-Day Jewels of the Baltic & Iberian Adventure (voyage J155A), departing on August 22, 2021. Anyone have any recent experience with the deployment changes?  HAL is wonderful, but is this a mistake? 10 nights to 24 nights with no fare change. Any insights before I call HAL?

Thanks much!

Well, people were rebooked because of the delay in Rotterdam VII from May 15th to Aug 1st.  There was a fair amount of shuffling people between the two ships.  According to this link from the HAL website, you should have been rebooked to a 12 day cruise, not a 24 day cruise:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

14 hours ago, Charleston Lady said:

We were on that cruise too and got the same email. However when I looked on My Account it only displays the first 12 days of the 24 which was what they changed it to in their original email. Yes it sounded like a great deal for a few minutes!

Interesting. We were booked on NS for 8/29/21 and received the re scheduling email a few weeks ago that moved us to an 8/22/21 departure out of Amsterdam vs copenhagen. My acct on HALs site still listed our original booking departure date and port. Have you seen the rescheduled departure on your HAL acct or was the info from strictly the email?

7 hours ago, yerdua said:

Interesting. We were booked on NS for 8/29/21 and received the re scheduling email a few weeks ago that moved us to an 8/22/21 departure out of Amsterdam vs copenhagen. My acct on HALs site still listed our original booking departure date and port. Have you seen the rescheduled departure on your HAL acct or was the info from strictly the email?

Ours finally changed today so I think it's just taking them time to get them all changed over. We were on a 24 day cruise out of Copenhagen and now are on a 21 day cruise out of Amsterdam on 7/11. It works for us and we're just excited to maybe get to see some part of Europe! 🙂

9 hours ago, yerdua said:

It showed on My Account, but a booking from the (old) Rotterdam that was canceled by HAL when they announced the sale of the ships was still there, so think it is taking a while to get everything straight.

We  just emailed TA about a substitute trip in July as we were bringing our family on the  Baltic trip and the change to late August would have had grandchildren missing 3 weeks of school (although they thought it was great!). 

It was the 3rd of 4 BTB cruises with 3 different lines, so it has all created quite a mess! I think we might be crazy to try to book again for summer 2021, but I'm tired of staying home, so we'll see what happens.

Praying for a vaccine that is safe and effective and for our world cruise luggage to come home safely. Then all would be right with the world.

Got the same email this week with the 24 day cruise offered as a replacement.  Had originally booked the June 15 Baltic also.  My booking on the HAL website shows August 22-September 3 only.  Others in my family received the same 24 day email.  Can't wait to see what happens next.